When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Turns Per Day For The New 7750b Movement

Caleb

I have searched the forums for the turns per day information for the new 7750B movement (in the Breitling Bentley watch), but haven't located anything concrete on this item. In searching the web, it appears the correct setting on a winder would be 800 tpd, clockwise only.

I am hoping someone on this forum knows for sure and can provide that information. I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

A while back there was a discussion about watch winders, and someone posted an Orbita watch winder chart and it showed that a v7750 should go in a clockwise direction (other ETA's like 2824 and 2836 can go either direction), but my Swiss 7750's and asian 7750's are doing fine on my winder going in either direction. As for 800 revolutions per day, that's 33.33 revs/hr, which isn't a whole lot.

Your wrist doesn't go in one direction, why should your watch have to? And w/ a rotor, you can't overwind a v7750, it has a clutch mechanism to avoid that situation.

I did have a watch winder that did not spin enough to keep my watches going. After 3-4 days, they'd play out and stop. My wife sent it back to the company she got it from, but they went out of business and the winder came back. I may pass it on to one of the nephews and let them decide what to do w/ it- maybe they can soup it up and make it work!

Winders are an interesting subject, some people like them and some don't. I look at them as a convenience, where I can take a watch out, maybe adjust it a few minutes and slap it on and go about my business. It also makes it easy to see which watches are keeping good time after a couple of weeks. And when you own a Grande Complication (v7751) you really appreciate a winder, cause who wants to set the day, the date, the month and the time every time you wear it? Let alone remember which way to turn the crown to change the day or the date.