When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The question of GEN parts in Planet Ocean rep

triosLescano

I desire to modded my Planet Ocean 45 mm ultimate

My question for experts is : Is this rep compatible whit gen parts (as MBW for example) ?

I have seen very good Gen bezel + GEN bezel insert http://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#16750 - see Bezel 082SU1703

This parts price is $ 228 . If I spend this high price and parts are not compatible whit my watch I have payed and I have nothing.....

Thanks for help

I seem to recall others mentioning the insert is compatible, but not the bezel; the rub is to get the insert you have to buy the bezel as they are not sold seperately.

Yup, what he said. If you have the UPO, you can use the dial, crystal and hands plus the crown and tube.

I seem to recall others mentioning the insert is compatible, but not the bezel; the rub is to get the insert you have to buy the bezel as they are not sold seperately.

I have replied to several posts on this topic. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a gen bezel on the 'bay and had The Zigmeister transfer the insert. To me, the mod looks near perfect. The only thing is that the insert will sit up a little higher than your crystal, and I am talking a fraction of a mm here. I am working on setting my crystal up just a touch higher and securing it with GS Hypo Cement. That should take care of it. After paying attention to a lot of gen Omegas, my opinion is that the incorrect pearl is the biggest tell and the gen bezel/insert mod is worth it.

I have replied to several posts on this topic. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a gen bezel on the 'bay and had The Zigmeister transfer the insert. To me, the mod looks near perfect. The only thing is that the insert will sit up a little higher than your crystal, and I am talking a fraction of a mm here. I am working on setting my crystal up just a touch higher and securing it with GS Hypo Cement. That should take care of it. After paying attention to a lot of gen Omegas, my opinion is that the incorrect pearl is the biggest tell and the gen bezel/insert mod is worth it.

OK but my question is about bezel, not bezel insert. The GEN bezel (+insert) that Ofrei sell has a measure, a diameter ecc.. Is this bezel compatible whit measures of rep ?

Guest porsche356a

Gen bezel, wont fit the rep. heres an old thread -----------> HERE

This here is a nice search string (lots of useful modding info)------------------> HERE

If you read through them, you'll even find the exact part numbers for the UPO itemized. The insert will fit the rep bezel,

with some mods and it looks awesome! besides the click, on the rep is quite good. Tight and gen like.

onjpo008-full.jpg

Hope this helps, Enjoy, and happy modding. :D