When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TIP: Explorer II white genuine dial.

By-Tor

@ By-Tor I have the one that I picked up from dluddy. It looks exactly like your white one but with the black rep dial even down to the #'s on the bezel being just a bit too close to the edge. BTW it has become one of my favorties getting worn about every other day.

I don't know where you can source the correct version guys. Lots of people would love to know. It's the old version that bklm1234 and I have... they're very difficult to find.

This thread explains the differences between the models.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=22848

@TA: Oh yes, that one from dluddy... it's a beauty. But I doubt the gen dial would fit, just because that model has the cyclops and date mag positioned too right. On the gen and the old version is positioned correctly (more to the left). And to make it even more complicated there are two different rep versions of the old model too. Believe it or not, the other has correct dial diameter, the other doesn't.

PS: I owned that exact same black ExpII model and the cyclops thing wasn't even noticeable... just enjoy that great rep as it is.

PS2: If you're going to change a black ExpII to white, you have to change the hands too. Hands are matte black on the white and silver on the black (just like the hour marker surroundings).

Here's a shot of my black version (same as yours):

wp.jpg

My ziggified white faced exp II has a old noob case, noob dial, gen crown and tube, and latest correct hand stack eta movement from pt's last exp II. he had to replace the date wheel since the correct hand stack movement had the cyclops too far right. I have a date wheel coming from paul to add to the mix, so maybe this dial will complete the piece.

@ By-Tor - Ahh that explains alot then. No wonder dluddy is having such a hard time finding a case to fit his gen dial. Also expains about my cyclops being just a bit too far right. To be honest it's not that noticable. I think the only thing I'll have BK do is trim my CG's. Is the cyclops isssue something that could be fixed somehow? Either removed and repositioned or a new crystal put in?

Best of luck mate!

We definitely need more white Explorers here!!!

I've got a white EXP II as well. Wrong handstack version but other than that one of my favs. It was one of my first reps as well. The search for a white EXP II is what first got me into reps.

You're correct... it's definitely not very noticeable on the black version. When I was writing my review of the black one, I didn't notice it either. No big deal.

What there is to modify with those cg's? They're decent on that particular model, imho.

Speaking of ExpII Noob... here's one for sale at the RepGeeks:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=20126

This is the best version ever. Correct datewheel & cyclops position. But I suspect that particular watch is from the newer batch and the gen dial doesn't fit.

But it's the black version, which has very good rep dial without any mods. I'm quite amazed it's still available.

Speaking of ExpII Noob... here's one for sale at the RepGeeks:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=20126

This is the best version ever. Correct datewheel & cyclops position. But I suspect that particular watch is from the newer batch and the gen dial doesn't fit.

But it's the black version, which has very good rep dial without any mods. I'm quite amazed it's still available.

Euro280??

if I wasn't sending my INGY to The Zigmeister next month, I would be all over this. a gen tube and crown and you are golden...

on a side note, an estate jeweler in my area had a white faced with lug holes for $2200usd last week. sold it in 4 hours of it being in the display window...

Sure it's worth.

I mean (if I remember right) it is 80 euros more than the retail River price, even if it's pretty rare.

Ah... I wasn't aware that River can still get this. So WTF aren't everybody buying it then? Best Rolex rep ever, it even has the winding crown positioned correctly. :o

Here's bklm1234's black ExpII rep (the same one that's for sale). I mean... how close must a Rolex rep be without being a "super rep"?

219838-14829.jpg

Here's gen:

picturebz2.jpg

I dunno about the crown position... but it definitely is correct. I can post pics of mine. Hold on...

Here's two quick and dirty photos of my franken ExpII crown (sorry it's getting dark outside). I don't know how they did it, but the position is correct. It's 99% correct on my correct stack GMT as well.

IMG_8733.jpgIMG_8735.jpg