When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A question for the Conus and canadian frequent flyers

FxrAndy

Who knows the cheepest carrier from Calgary to Louisiana, i would like to travel close to the end of theis month and stay for just a couple of days, all the fairs i have seen so far have been stupid, i could return to europe and see my wife for less.

I hope to be able to help a forum member out while i am down there so there is more than just me going for a good time, also are there any members down in the Baton Rouge area maybe want to meet up for a beer if i get down that way?

Yes...

so either way, the cheapest flights are going to be 2+ stop flights, and flying out of calgary you'd most likly fly Air Canada into MSY(Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport). The next best thing is to drive down to Missoula International Airport in Montana, and you can save yourself a couple bucks but also because of the region you're looking at 2+ stops, usually Delta Airlines think. Usually prices increase by about 300$ if you fly one stop. ALSO leaving on a thursday or friday is also about 300-400$ more expensive than leaving on a monday tuesday.

I think the best thing is to have a buddy drive you down into Montana and fly out of there, but otherwise its like 100-200$ more expensive flying out of YYC instead of driving down and flying out of MSO

Cheers

Problem is i dont have access to a car to drive that way, may be able to get a bus to calgary but any thing else is hire car, if i had longer i would drive down but work wont give me more than a few days off.