When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SoCal Family Reunion - 6/22- 12:00PM - Location Announced

Shoot, I'm gonna miss it.

I'm in San Diego from June 16th to the 19th.

If anyone wants to kook up before then, let me know.

Perhaps fill me in on the must see's of SoCal....

It's unfortunate I am just shy of the GTG, or I woud be there for sure.

Unfortunately, it's a hit and run mission. I gotta return home because I will shortly be needed elsewhere.

Anyways, if anyone knows San Diego, and is willing to give me a bit of insider information, it owuld be much appreciated!

Robb

Bring some sunscreen. I'm still kinda pale from winter, and I got burned bad on a deceptively cool and cloudy day while watching the Padres stomp the Dodgers. I had a good time though, Petco park is really nice and I bet you get a good view even in the cheap seats.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carlsbadrolex

My SoCal family... Tomorrow I will have special reason to do a little celebrating. My two sons were just returned to me!!! Things are not all roses, and the difficult times are yet to come! But at least my guys are back with me!!!

I was also able to get my brand new GMT IIc fixed today!!! So I will be sporting that tomorrow. AND Burley1 from RG may be joining us.

My SoCal family... Tomorrow I will have special reason to do a little celebrating. My two sons were just returned to me!!! Things are not all roses, and the difficult times are yet to come! But at least my guys are back with me!!!

I was also able to get my brand new GMT IIc fixed today!!! So I will be sporting that tomorrow. AND Burley1 from RG may be joining us.

Congrats T!! You bringing your sons tomorrow?

what is the reservation under??

Hey Guys,

CBR, that's great news my man...I've been thinking a lot about your situation lately and it's such great news that your sons are back with you.

I made the reservations at the brewery and they are under Hunter. We have a semi private area on the patio but just tell them your there with the Hunter reservation, no need to mention RWG.

BTW, I only made the reservation for 12 so someones gotta sit this one out....:) jk

See you guys tomorrow!!!

Guest carlsbadrolex
Hey Guys,

CBR, that's great news my man...I've been thinking a lot about your situation lately and it's such great news that your sons are back with you.

I made the reservations at the brewery and they are under Hunter. We have a semi private area on the patio but just tell them your there with the Hunter reservation, no need to mention RWG.

BTW, I only made the reservation for 12 so someones gotta sit this one out....

See you guys tomorrow!!!

OK FINE, I will stay home...

Have fun guys, and if you drink lots of beer DRIVE SAFELY. Carlsbad PD is known for DUI stops!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Just an FYI. I will have a brand new SSD v2 and the BnM Rivierra for sale today. IF anyone should have a gen Rolex box set and are willing to part with it... PLEASE bring it!

T

Guest carlsbadrolex

Gentleman (and I use that term loosely) it was very nice spending time with you guys today. It was nice meeting some new locals, and thank you to those who traveled a ways to be there.

Anyone concerned with my GMT... have no fear, I found the issue and it was easily corrected (hopefully). The gear on top of the main spring was not tight and was not allowing the watch to be wound. As soon as I tightened that and wound the watch it sprung to life again. It simply stopped because it had run out of juice. What are the chances that would happen in a room full of watch fiends????

Anyway, thanks again everyone. It was fun!

Here are some pics from the SoCal GTG. Please forgive me as I'm terrible with names but I do indeed remember watches and faces. If you see your watch below, please chime in with some comments. Also, please shoot me a pm with what you were wearing that day so I can put a name to a face/watch. It was great to meet all of you!

I will say that the highlight watchwise was the Rolex GMTs, especially the GMT IIc, OMG...the rep is friggin spot on. There was a gen and a rep there and when I had them both in my hands, and blinked, I couldn't tell which was which...amazing. At any rate, enjoy...:)

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0048-2.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0041-2.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg