When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible to buy a decent rep for $700 or less

outlandos

First of all, please don't kill me for being new and asking stupid questions!! ;)

My budget is 500 Euro (over 750 dollar these days!) and I am looking for a nice PAM!

I am very much intrested in:

Luminor GMT

PAM 88 (steel, black dial)

PAM 159 (steel, black dial)

Luminor Power Reserve

PAM 90 (steel, black dial)

PAM 93 (titanium, blue dial)

PAM 125 (steel, black dial)

Luminor Marina Automatic

PAM 104 (steel, black dial)

PAM 164 (steel, black dial)

PAM 119 (steel, blue dial)

PAM 48 (steel, black dial)

Are any of the above models known for high quality replica's?

And what's the best place to order the watch?

I mean, there are like a million websites selling these watches, with pricetags between $150 and $1500! :o

Ohh and one more question, I've seen a few pictures of watches with SuperLume and I totally LOVE it! What's the easiest way to add such a mod to my upcoming watch?

Cheers!

Edited by outlandos

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ok, I will be gentle with you. Yes, you can find some nice watches for around $750. They will probably have begun life as a DSN and had several mods including gen crowns, gen crown guards, better case backs...

There are a few experts around here, and I know of a couple that may be going up for sale here soon. I will send a couple PM's for you and see what happens.

CBR

With a budget of 500 euros you should be able to find a nicely modded PAM. As for particular models I'll let some of the experts chime in but I think there are good versions of the 88, 104, and 164 out there.

That's great, because those models belong to my favourites!

Ok, I will be gentle with you. Yes, you can find some nice watches for around $750. They will probably have begun life as a DSN and had several mods including gen crowns, gen crown guards, better case backs...

There are a few experts around here, and I know of a couple that may be going up for sale here soon. I will send a couple PM's for you and see what happens.

CBR

That's very nice of you! I love having a more or less unique watch. I also got a friend of mine on these boards that will help me check any incoming deals, as he is an inderser for many years regarding rep PAM watches.

Thanks!

But there isn't any website that is known for their great reps?

Edited by outlandos

If you are on a path to your 'perfect' rep...

1) http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=72 - This is the member Davidsen's section. Check his March and newer posts as those are most likely readily available... He deals in e-mail/Western union and you can get a great 104 for $280USD.

2) Contact member Lello for a 7750(3) Datewheel. $100USD +-

3) Contact members Vacuum or The Zigmeister (?) for quotes on Superlume/Servicing/Install of DW. $200USD +-

4) Find a OEM Strap or a custom strap you like. $100-$200.

This is a typical path and I think is more then adequate for people looking for a nice rep and are happy with 90-95% rather then 99%.. You can forgo the DW if it doesn't bother you and keep the strap the rep comes with if that's suits you and to keep an extra $ in your pocket. Or you can always hunt down a handful of Gen parts (Crowns, CGs, Movements, Etc) if you are on a quest to perfection. I think the first step though is to get your first rep in your hands so you know what you're dealing with.

-M