When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume from the side shows in the dark but not straight on

Leifhaus

Okay, drinking in bed reading RWG, wife asleep as usual, I think I hear a one of the kids cry out so I run back to check on them, all asleep. I check my DSN 112 for the time, lume is glowing, can see the lume from the side of my eyes (both left and right) but looking directly at the dial I can't see the lume at all, okay just walked back to the darkest part of the hallway to doublecheck - same thing. Lume is visible when holding the watch to the left or right of my eyes, but almost disappears when looking at it directly in front of both eyes.

any explanation for that other than too much drinking? Must be some phenomena with how the eye works, no?

any explanation for that other than too much drinking? Must be some phenomena with how the eye works, no?

Exactly.

The photoreceptors in the lateral areas of our retina are more sensible than those in the central area, so with our lateral sight we can perceive even feeble light sources, that we cannot perceive with the central area i.e. in our central view.

On the other hand, those very sensible receptors are not sensible to colors. If you were not aware that your 112 lume was green in darkness you wold have told it white. Actually, you would have told it white even if it was red! :)

Don't worry, I too took a while to get accustomed with this eye behavior when I occupied this human body.

Btw, congrats on having a wife who can sleep even with you drinking and typing on a keyboard in her same bed/room! :lol:

Exactly.

The photoreceptors in the lateral areas of our retina are more sensible than those in the central area, so with our lateral sight we can perceive even feeble light sources, that we cannot perceive with the central area i.e. in our central view.

On the other hand, those very sensible receptors are not sensible to colors. If you were not aware that your 112 lume was green in darkness you wold have told it white. Actually, you would have told it white even if it was red! :)

Fantastic ^_^

Edited by mastergod