When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob YM - Asian Vs Swiss

Spy

Does anyone know what the difference is between the EuroTimez Noob YachMaster Asian movement Vs swiss movement, apart from the actual movement ?

Price?

Location of dial feet. Now days some dials come with two sets of dial feet, one asian and one ETA. Just cut off the ones you don't need. Case should be the same. I believe the DG2813 and 2836 will fit in the same case.

Why not ask Eurotimez? See what he says.

Price?

Location of dial feet. Now days some dials come with two sets of dial feet, one asian and one ETA. Just cut off the ones you don't need. Case should be the same. I believe the DG2813 and 2836 will fit in the same case.

Why not ask Eurotimez? See what he says.

Thanks.

I will ask EuroTimex but it is taking up to 2-3 days to get a response which makes for a slow and prolonged comversation !

I wouldn't worry about the differences so much. It really comes down to you deciding whether you want an asian movt, or an ETA. Long term, the ETA is probably the better move, IMO. But asian movts are easily replaced and cheap. So it's really your decision.

@ Spy,

Sorry been a bit sick... but I'm BACK! :)

The main difference is the movement. I would go for the asian version because they're much much cheaper than the swiss version... 120 usd for asian. 280 for new swiss ETA (not second grade or COPY ETA those are -50 usd cheaper).

The asian comes with an 21.6k movement, while the ETA comes with an 28.8k movement. If you want for the long long long run then go for ETA.. If you want it as an addition to your colleciton but not as a serious keeper go for the asian...

I now sell the ASIAN DG 4813 movements 28.8k separetly at 25 usd (if you purchase a watch with it). So then you can have the movement swapped yourself. You would have one spare 21.6k movement just in case anything happens.

Hope this anwers your question...

Overal build ouside built, looks, quality of the asian vs swiss outside of the movement is the same..

rg

Chris