When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Obama Rally

fotoman

although i have had the chance to interact with both barack and michelle obama on a personal level i found todays rally in south florida something special.

I took a photo of the rallywith my phone camera so its not a great photo, but it relays the impressiveness of the turnout.

when you can send out 2 emails and get 19,000 people to show up in the middle of the afternoon on a friday wait in teh sun for up to 3 hours and another 2 inside just to hear you speak, thats special

for those of you not accustomed to the political arena - when kerry came to town the big rally had around 4-5k people, and we had to go find them to show up. and that was when he was actually the nominee.

in broward county florida - the most important democratic county in our state and a population of 1.7 million people, in which a VAST majority are hillary supporters, to fill an arena like we did today is simply unprecedented - but so are the crowds that he has gotten for almost a year. the largest being 70,000 in oregon last week

i mean you dont get those types of crowds unless your madona or paul simon or a random country music star - its just not heard of for political rallys

and when he walked on stage, the camera flashes going on all around you, it was like the superbowl on kickoff - it was just insane

and one of my best friends got to introduce him, which was really special for me.

boio3.jpg