When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SSD

polexpete

Hi,

I'm following up on Tribal's post on the "thicker" bezel SSD i thought i would post pics of my modded SSD with (i think) the new style bezel. Specs are:

- Gen dial.

- Gen tube and crown.

- Gen bezel insert. Snaps in like gen now.

- Gen bracelet parts (5 links on one side for now) but once oiled the rep side feels almost the same.

- Clarks hands.

- shaved crownguards (front only).

The crystal sits pretty high on this watch anyway but more so now because the bezel insert fits so snug and the lazer etch is annoying. I heard the gen crystal doesn't fit. Maybe someone can advise on this it would fix both problems.

I changed the dial just because i had a gen one i picked up a while ago but against it the original dial SSD is pretty much spot on. The only giveaway as usual is the quality of the lume job on the markers. The gen is way out there, the rep cannot compete.

Hope this is useful, thanks for looking

P.

post-3074-1211612996_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613018_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613045_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613070_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613096_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613126_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613150_thumb.jpg post-3074-1211613176_thumb.jpg

Looks like the new bezel to me.

As to the crystal - BK says the gen will not fit and has pictures of a gen next to the rep - they are not even close. But he IS working on getting a special crystal made for the SSD that would solve some of the problems. I don't know how this would affect the laser etching.

Here's the link to the thread at RG: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=12...ght=ssd+crystal

Hi guys,

thanks for your input. Not too worried about the crystal certainly won't be shaving anything off that's a scary thought. Never been much of a fan of modern Rollies but this one i can't get off of my wrist ...

Cheers

P.