When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White dial pam question

lazarini

Guys i would like to finish my pam historic collection white a white dialed pam ;)

so my choice is between the 113 and 114 obviously ;)

What's ire advice where to pick closest one outa the box I know DSN has a 113 how good Is it ? How about other dealers any decent options ...

I would appreciate all advice and some pictures are welcome :)

Regards Laz

Hi Laz.

I have a 113 just back from VAC and am delighted overall, except 2 things that are common to this model.

(1) dots at 12 are too far spaced apart - should be very close

(2) the seconds should have a recessed, ringed subdial.

Unfortunately it seems no rep dials have the seconds recession, and I've not found a source for the dial with the 12 dots closer together.

If you can live with these 2 points, I'd suggest the 113. Otherwise 114. Try contacting VACUUM - he may be able to point you in the right direction for a good one built.

Thing about DSN models is that the dimensions are not always correct to gen. And QC is iffy.....

Hi Laz.

I have a 113 just back from VAC and am delighted overall, except 2 things that are common to this model.

(1) dots at 12 are too far spaced apart - should be very close

(2) the seconds should have a recessed, ringed subdial.

Unfortunately it seems no rep dials have the seconds recession, and I've not found a source for the dial with the 12 dots closer together.

If you can live with these 2 points, I'd suggest the 113. Otherwise 114. Try contacting VACUUM - he may be able to point you in the right direction for a good one built.

Thing about DSN models is that the dimensions are not always correct to gen. And QC is iffy.....

The Gen 113 does not have a recessed ringed subdial for the seconds.

I am most please with my Asian Unitas 113 out of the box from Josh.

Gen 113

113gen.jpg

Josh 113

pam2.jpg

pam3.jpg

Interesting - as the one I saw in an AD in Barcelona clearly did have seconds recession.

Definately a 113, but seconds recession with the clear rings. Made a huge difference to the visual aspect of the watch.

And I'd consulted this point with several members in PM's / e.mails: the concensus seemed to be that gen did have seconds recess, but rep didn't.

Oh well - any other views on this??

Just did a google and found that image. But also this. If you blow up you'll see the outline of the second recession - hard to see, but V.clear on a gen even in an AD window.

Well, it's not really a recess, it's a matte finish around the subdial. This is an easy mod IMHO. It's almost impossible to capture in photo because of the ARC. Here's a pic of my PAM0003-B without ARC. It was still hard to get, but I think you can see what I mean.

1-2.jpg

here is the closeup detail photo from the Panerai website.

pangen.jpg

Here is the link to that photo: http://www.panerai.com/s_dett_prodotto.xpd...;id_dettaglio=0

And here's the next photo from the same site:

and the link http://www.panerai.com/s_dett_prodotto.xpd...;id_dettaglio=1

showing again the outline of the recession. Go to an AD and look at a gen - the recession is clearly visible.

Problem is capturing it in a photo. Same as on black dials - the reps have recessions (eg PAM250), but the gen shows them much more clearly: But even in a photo, they're hard to see on a gen.....and on the 113 you clearly see (on the gen) concentric rings (like they've been machined) that when tilted pick up the light.