When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Water Got In The Watch Help Me Urgent

krwc

I just got the watch under the tap and little bit of water has gone through it...

Now the glass is like vaporized... How can I solve this? Should I heat

the watch ?

I am lucky I didnt jump in the pool with it...

Will it be like this forever?

I think a very little bit of water got through it.. help me

The best thing to do is open the case back, remove the movement, and let it dry out.... But.... if you're like me and have nothing to open the caseback, about the best thing you can do is unscrew the crown and set it in the sun for a few hours and hope the water evaporates out through the open crown.....

That's about all I have...

I just got the watch under the tap and little bit of water has gone through it...

Now the glass is like vaporized... How can I solve this? Should I heat

the watch ?

I am lucky I didnt jump in the pool with it...

Will it be like this forever?

I think a very little bit of water got through it.. help me

Unscrew the crown to let teh air equalize, and see if you can unscrew the back with your hands (I'll bet you can). The watch should be okay if it is just vapor, and will clear itself out.

Then, take it to a jewelers exchange or to some watch guy somewhere, and give him $10 to grease the gasket and install hte back tightly and properly.

You should be able to hold the watch under the faucet with the crown screwed in on most reps. I wash mine with dish soap and warm water and this keeps them looking new. The vapor you see is a sign of the crown not being tight, or the back not being tight.

If you live somewhere whe you cannot rely on getting a sunny day, pull out the crown, then place the watch, crown uppermost in your boiler-room or airing cupboard.

This will fix the problem for now.... but the problem will return, next time you splash the watch, or even experience a humid day.

So take the watch to a repairman and get him to grease the seals.

pop the case and air it out. Ubi had a great idea of putting it a ziplock bag w/ silica packs.

That also works well. I have done this with camera lenses that seemed to get moisture inside. Put them in tupperware with silica.

Problem is, most silica you have lying around is already saturated. Most people don't know this, but there is a type of cat litter that is silica rocks. It is about 13 bucks or so for a giant bag.