When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Received the Oris Carlos Coste

ajoesmith

... but seriously I am prepared to pay a dealer more as long as he can assure that the watch I am receiving is perfect

@ajoesmith: name the dealer pls !!!!! (to add him to our lovely list of dropshippers)

I'm afraid that's a risky idea : if you tell this to some dealers, they will provide you this service for 50 dollars, the same way they provide servicing and waterproofing : you pay and get nothing done :rolleyes: And if you're lucky enough, you won't notice it.

The safest way is to establish a decent relationship with one dealer I'm afraid, and ask for pictures before shipment. It's not 100% secure, but at least you can check for obvious physical flaws.

No time to take pics ? Then change your dealer.

And I agree, why protecting those that don't do the job they are claiming to do (i.e. no dropshipping, "personally hand picked reps" !!)

Blacklisting ?

Can anyone still believe that dealers have a mailing list amongst them, confirming who's good and who's bad with them..?

Isn't it time to have competition in service achieved ? Maybe that's the next challenge : rep business semm to have drastically developped online (see all the webstores and sellers on cqout and ioffer these days). There are surely exceptionnal buddies amongst them : give them a chance, give them a try.

Referring to some posts saying that the dealers made them turn to crappy reps to AAA+ grade ones, well, dealers don't manufacture reps : they sell them and make money with that. Normal step of course. But the actors for replica improvements are definitely the manufacturers IMO.

Hand pick your dealer :lol:. And when you're not happy with him, try an other one. At the end, there are very good ones. And these are not necesarilly the most skilled or better English speaking : the latter know how to bamboozle you.

THE MISSING QUALITY

Yes there are problems out there with the QC....in fact there is no QC....only when you (as a dealer) buy your watches first-hand and life at the factory. But most of the dealers are just vendors....they can as well just tell the factory "Give me your best pieces and check them before sending out".

We will face a dilemma.....a single dealer can buy directly and check....but he will be more expensive cause he only buys 1 piece after another....whereas those "dropshipper-dealers" ....get veeeery good prices AND will offer replacements.

You can turn and turn it as you like...there is allways a good and a bad side.

My OCC is back at the dealer to get fixed by the factory....I have no idea if their work will be fine...and I assume that my dealer won

I never buy a new rep design until at least one generation of issues has been sorted out. I think the only watches in recent memory that were lights out off the assembly line were the SOSF and the Omega SMP Chrono.

I won't soon forget the IWC Portug. Chrono group buy when some 200 brand new "running seconds at six" time bombs were bought by enthusiastic collectors who were stepping over one another to be first in line. When some of us dared to shout "isn't an unproven running seconds at six design a risk" we were met with resounding cries to shut up. I believe the failure rate on those watches was damn near 80%.

Im certain the Oris chronos will have most of the material, design and function issues resolved in another 6 months. Then, I might get one!

It is such a shame that this rep has so many QC problems. The OCC has the potential of super rep status if not for the lack of QC. Problems with this rep is evident in all areas of the watch. Here is my first OCC. Notice the lume at 4 o'clock? Worse yet, look at the lume on the minute hand. I almost wanted to throw this watch out the friggin window. The feel of the rep itself is phenomenal. The QC though is about the worse I have seen and heard on a single model rep. It is off to The Zigmeister right now for a complete relume.

Oris%20Defect.jpg

It is such a shame that this rep has so many QC problems. The OCC has the potential of super rep status if not for the lack of QC. Problems with this rep is evident in all areas of the watch. Here is my first OCC. Notice the lume at 4 o'clock? Worse yet, look at the lume on the minute hand. I almost wanted to throw this watch out the friggin window. The feel of the rep itself is phenomenal. The QC though is about the worse I have seen and heard on a single model rep. It is off to The Zigmeister right now for a complete relume.

Oris%20Defect.jpg

I'm lucky but I didn't have all these flaws except the misalignment of the Date/Day. For the lume, I wanted to send it too to Zig...Will wait for your pics.. :D and wait for the next slot.. :D