When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Memorial Day 2008

lanikai

I was reminded of what National Holiday this is not by the beachgoers and Holiday traffic.. but by a Front page article in the Paper of a Family left behind since their Father laid down his life in Iraq 4 years ago..

Two little girls the oldest 8 and the youngest a little over 4 years... and their Mother..

opening the paper there were pages of the fallen soldiers form the Hawaii bases not just from the islands but from all over the mainland and Saipan also..

They are resting in their Home States and some are here interned at the National Cemetary of the Pacific ... "Punchbowl"

On this day I put Politics aside, ... the topic of leaders with agendas etc. .. the right and wrong of the War..

And I pray for the Families that have lost.. Sons, Daughters, Husbands and Wives .. and ask that God Bless them and protect their Children from Harm..

May the Brave Men and Women that gave the ultimate Sacrifice to their Countries .. Rest In God's Peace...

punchbowl1xv6.jpg

punchbowl2tp1.jpg

punchbowl3tc8.jpg

punchbowltour1ac9.jpg

AMEN, Lanikai.

My father is turning 90 this week...he was in WWII in the Navy (Submarines, 2nd Lieutenant). I am grateful for his (and everyone's) service to our country.

This is all very important for me to remember and I thank you for this post. Thumbs up!

the Family of One of the Fallen...

bildeln4.jpg

Monica Williams, 4, holds a photo of her late father, Army Sgt. Eugene Williams, as her mother, Brandy, and sister, Mya, 8, look on.

with a mentor to help them along..

20080526momds4.jpg

some of the brave that gave everything... from different parts of the world.. all became

"Sons of Hawaii"

m1109286526ss2.jpg

We Pray for your Families and Thank You ALL for your Courage !!!!