When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones + Decorated Back From Eddie

fkhill33

If you google Pam or Rolex or whatever, I think 2/3rds of the hits are links to fake watches and often to this or other replica websites . . . so I doubt the wide availability of reps on the internet is a closely guarded secret.

On the other hand, the devil's advocate in me says if this website is commonly known and WIS's regularly check it to compare gens, then isn't that all the more reason members of this board don't have to go out of their way to provide "education?" Which is it, they should know so it matters or they already know so it doesn't matter? It seems like the same people are saying both.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest avitt

Steering back on course...

I just received my new Jones from EL....That movement is a thing of beauty. First thing I did was a water drop test on the crystal. It looks like it's sapphire to me - can anyone else confirm?

Edited by avitt

Guest avitt
Does the water dropplet test work? I thought the only way to test to see if it is sapphire is to do a scratch test?

I've done the water drop test on about 15 watches, and it's been 100% correct. I spread a little water on the crystal with the tip of my finger, and slightly shake/vibrate the watch. With mineral crystals, the bead stays in a flat, irregular shape. With sapphires, the water gathers up into a tall, round bead.

I repeated the test on the Jones a few times...Tall round bead every time.

I Just received mine from EL today. I got the black numbers with silver hands. Looks great. Very solid feeling watch. The movement is brushed and the gears are pollished. I also did the water test, and the crystal on both the front and the back seem to be saphire coated.

READ THIS FRENCH LAW applies...to counterfeit item in France up to 5 years and 375.000€

ARTICLE 321-1

(Ordinance no. 2000-916 of 19 September 2000 Article 3 Official Journal of 22 September 2000 in force 1 January 2002)

Receiving is the concealment, retention or transfer a thing, or acting as an intermediary in its transfer, knowing that that thing was obtained by a felony or misdemeanour.

Receiving is also the act of knowingly benefiting in any manner from the product of a felony or misdemeanour.

Receiving is punished by five years' imprisonment and a fine of €375,000.

ARTICLE 321-2

(Ordinance no. 2000-916 of 19 September 2000 Article 3 Official Journal of 22 September 2000 in force 1 January 2002)

Receiving is punished by ten years' imprisonment and a fine of €750,000:

1° where it is committed habitually or by using the facilities conferred by the exercise of trade or profession;

2° where it was committed by an organised gang.

ARTICLE 321-3

The fines provided by articles 321-1 and 321-2 may be raised beyond €375,000 to reach half the value of the goods handled.

ARTICLE 321-4

Where an offence whence the goods in question came is punished by a custodial sentence higher than that incurred under articles 321-1 or 321-2, the receiver is punished by the penalties pertaining to the offence that he knew about, and if this offence was accompanied by aggravating circumstances, by such penalties as relate exclusively to the circumstances of which he was aware.

ARTICLE 321-5

Receiving is assimilated, in respect of recidivism, to the offence from which the goods in question came.

ARTICLE 321-9

Natural persons convicted of any of the offences provided for under the present chapter also incur the following additional penalties:

1° forfeiture of civic, civil and family rights pursuant to the conditions set out under article 131-26;

2° prohibition, pursuant to the conditions set out under article 131-27, to hold public office or to discharge the social or professional activity in the course of which or on the occasion of the performance of which the offence was committed; such prohibition being permanent or temporary in the cases set out under articles 321-2 and 321-4, and limited to five years in the cases set out under articles 321-1, 321-6, 321-7 and 321-8;

3° mandatory closure of the business premises or of one or more of the premises of the undertaking which were used to commit the offences; such prohibition being permanent or temporary in the cases set out under articles 321-2 and 321-4, and limited to longer than five years in the cases set out under articles 321-1, 321-6, 321-7 and 321-8;

4° temporary or permanent disqualification from public tenders in the cases set out under articles 321-2 and 321-4, and a disqualification not exceeding five years in the cases set out under articles 321-1, 321-6, 321-7 and 321-8;

5° prohibition to draw cheques except those allowing the withdrawal of funds by the drawer from the drawee or certified cheques, for a maximum period of five years;

6° confiscation of the thing which was used or intended for the commission of the offence or of the thing which is the product of it, with the exception of articles subject to restitution;

7° confiscation of one or more weapons which the convicted person owns or has freely available to him;

8° area banishment, pursuant to the conditions set out under article 131-31, in the cases referred to under articles 321-1 to 321-4;

9° public display of the decision or dissemination of the decision made, pursuant to the conditions set out under article 131-35.

ARTICLE 321-10

In the cases referred to under articles 321-1 to 321-4, the other additional penalties incurred for the felonies and misdemeanours from which the stolen goods originated may also be imposed.

ARTICLE 321-11

Any alien convicted of any of the offences referred to under article 321-2 may be banished from French territory either permanently or for a maximum period of ten years in accordance with the conditions laid down under article 131-30.

TO BE CONVICTED

Prosecution must first demonstrate that "that thing was obtained by a felony or misdemeanour"...

Then it must demonstrate that the receiver knew that "that thing was obtained by a felony or misdemeanour"...

BUT:

pretexting you did not know it was a rep is a non factor because the very low price and method of aquisition should have warned you it was either a rep or a genuine that was stolen...and it's enough to be punished.

Never forget that luxury is a huge economy and lobby in France...

READ THIS FRENCH LAW applies...to counterfeit item in France up to 5 years and 375.000€

Etc...

Never forget that luxury is a huge economy and lobby in France...

Hi Halley!

How's the job with LVMH going?

Psst: wanna buy a watch? Maybe a monogram Vuitton bag?

And if I am not mistaken... The dial should be silver and not white! Correct me if I am wroing. :wub::victory:

The dial on the genuine SS and RG models are both white.

Haven't seen the platium version in real life so I can't commen.

Edited by fkhill33

Yes. This watch fools no one.

Statement like this makes you look like an idiot. Who are you trying to fool?

Can't you just accept that it is a nice watch? If you think it is not good enough for you, shut up, don't buy it and don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Edited by fkhill33

QUOTE(cosmosblau @ Jul 10 2006, 01:52 AM)

Can't you just accept that it is a nice watch? If you think it is not good enough for you, shut up, don't buy it and don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Have to agree with fkhill33 on this...there's a big difference between pointing out differences and just aimlessly slamming a replica - particularly one which has just made a quantum-jump (engraved movement) in membership interest and cosmetic quality. The FA Jones is one of the nicest pieces to come down the line in quite a while - as well as being a tangible expression of the fact that reps can and do improve.

Most of us do not purchase these watches to 'fool' people, and I'm sure that none of the members who bought this one did so imagining that it was a 1:1 replica, or with the objective of eventually claiming it that it is genuine.

We're past that, even if you seem not to be, cosmosblau.

QUOTE(cosmosblau @ Jul 10 2006, 01:52 AM)

Most of us do not purchase these watches to 'fool' people, and I'm sure that none of the members who bought this one did so imagining that it was a 1:1 replica, or with the objective of eventually claiming it that it is genuine.

We're past that, even if you seem not to be, cosmosblau.

Pehaps my choice in words was not the best. I'm truly sorry if your feelings were hurt. Obviously, this comment has injured some folks self esteem, and for that I apologize. I do not try to "fool" anyone with my reps, but was merely concurring with another poster that the dial on this watch is inaccurate, especially compared to many of the other reps I have bought. I am NOT past that and my comment isn't aimless. I have high standards and I want this rep to improve, because I want this one badly.

I may be an idiot, but one thing I know for sure is this: I won't stoop to hurling INSULTS AT ANOTHER MEMBER because my self-esteem is threatened by someones OPINION of an inanimate object.

It's a forum....with certain written and unwritten rules of communication...it's easy to cross the line without being aware of it...it's not what one says, but the manner in which one says it....when you state that 'it would fool no one', what does that say about the people who just bought it?

It's all minor, but there are ways of saying and not saying things here...sometimes you have to learn it the hard way....some people never learn at all and leave, or are asked to leave....

Exchanges like these are all part of the learning curve - please don't feel that I'm being condenscending or offering unsollicited lessons, since I'm sure that I've nothing to teach you concerning communication with others.

To me, the whole point of this forum is to offer quality control to an unregulated, illegal business. The job of each member is to both support and police the products, dealers, manufacturers and other members.

If the dealers know we expect more, we will get more.