When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 16610 in need of repair

Thanks for the responses guys..Bruce-I love your sig

Unfortunately, I'm not "handy" enough to open the case up myself and unfortunately I don't know of a rep-friendly watchsmith in my area. Although I have a low post count, I am not particularly new to the rep industry. I have a noobmariner, a rep j12 and had a rep navitimer. I know it's almost taboo to ask this but does anyone know of somebody who would be willing to repair my watch? If the movement is unrepairable, I believe I read the replacement to be $125.

Edited by belmontsprings

Take a ball of duct tape and use the sticky on the case back and firm pressure counter clockwise that should get the case back off. I personally use rubber/latex gloves to open all my case backs. Firm pressure with your thumbs, easy.

take a picture and post it if its obvious we can help you fix it. Try it and maybe you can save some $$

Take a ball of duct tape and use the sticky on the case back and firm pressure counter clockwise that should get the case back off. I personally use rubber/latex gloves to open all my case backs. Firm pressure with your thumbs, easy.

take a picture and post it if its obvious we can help you fix it. Try it and maybe you can save some $$

thanks so much for your help!

If the movement is knocking around inside the case, most likely 1 or both of the movement locking clips have come lose & are likely working their way into the movement (not a good thing). If the movement is not knocking around inside the case, then the movement just needs to be serviced (disassembled, cleaned, lubricated & reassembled) by a watchmaker. Assuming your MBW contains the usual ETA movement, any watchmaker (who is willing to work on a rep -- I would phone & ask before making the trip) can service it. Depending on the rates in your area, service can run anywhere from about $75 to about $250 (a hungry watchmaker sitting in Duluth, Montana is likely to be at the low end of the scale, while a busy watchmaker in New York City or L.A. is likely to be at the high end).

But if you do hear something 'knocking' around inside, I would recommend not using the watch until you can locate & remove whatever is loose or dislodged in there.