When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 009 price check

chico85

Hello, I'm a newbie looking to buy my first PAM rep. I'm interested in DSN PAM PVD 009 and he quotes me $340 for Asian movement. Is the price right? Although I'm aware that his reps are better quality, the price seems a little high to me compared to other dealers'. Thanks.

Hello, I'm a newbie looking to buy my first PAM rep. I'm interested in DSN PAM PVD 009 and he quotes me $340 for Asian movement. Is the price right? Although I'm aware that his reps are better quality, the price seems a little high to me compared to other dealers'. Thanks.

CAN OF WORMS

His PVD is different

Where did you get the notion that his reps are 'better quality'? Check out this issue by reading the relevant topics on the forum.

Where did you get the notion that his reps are 'better quality'? Check out this issue by reading the relevant topics on the forum.

Although there have been complaints about DSN's QC issues recently. the majority opinion seems to be that his reps are best out of the box compared to other dealers. If you don't believe DSN's PVD 009 is good, please recommend me another dealer.

Here're pics of PAM 009 PVD from DSN' site. What do you guys think?

DSC_4105.jpg

DSC_4109.jpg

DSC_4107.jpg

DSC_4113.jpg

Although there have been complaints about DSN's QC issues recently. the majority opinion seems to be that his reps are best out of the box compared to other dealers.

I don't totally agree with this statement. My opinion would be that he does have nice reps, but his reps still have plenty of flaws from the get go. Since most of his watches don't take aftermarket or gen parts what you got is what you get. If you are looking to stay stock his watches are just fine. His price seems fair for the rep you have pictured.

Edited by Sweattdogg

As I said

Can of worms

I wearing his 055 today and had his 195 on last night. Both very good watches which I expect to be wearing in years to come.

Have yet to see any out of the box PAM's that offer better bang for buck. But will happily be proved wrong, but still waiting.

Also on all accounts no other dealer seems to offer this model with the canon pin mod. So you really don't have too much choice.

Not sure what parts that wouldn't fit anyway that you'd want to change. If the Crown is too thin you could always ask for a thicker crown. The one on my 195 is fine

Good luck

St