When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II 116710

lanikai

Great as always Lani...awesome looking watch...great pics.

thank you T.. but it was done on the fly and next to you I'll settle for comparison for comparison sake.. now get one of these and do her up :D Toadtorrent style**GGG**

OK Guys,

First I must apologize for not posting my photos. I took some and I can't find the damn cable for the camera. The wife put it somewhere and she is at the movies so they will have to wait. I have a better camera at work anyway so I will take some photos on Monday and post them then. So here is my amatuer quickie review. Please keep in mind I am only going off of comparison with photos of the Gen, I haven't had the chance to go to an AD and see it yet.

First thing that we all wondered about, the Ceramic Bezel. It looks much better in person than in the dealer photos, it does have a really nice shine to it. The numbers don't look as big in person as they do in the photos. The color depends on the light that you observe it in. In bright light the numbers look brighter than in low light. The definitly have a grey/silver tint to them in lower light. With that said, it is very impressive.

Next is the markers, the border around them is not terribly large. Perhaps bigger than the Gen. I will have to wait until I see it to make a better determination. I will say that as is typical with a lot of Reps, the lume is slightly un-even (not completely uniform) on some of the markers on my watch. Not too bright either, but I have seen worse. Crappy Chinese QC.

The Band looks really nice. I had to remove three links to fit it and thought I was going to be OK until I had one of the screws act like it was stripped. Luckily, I was able to get it done without removing that screw. So as has been reported earlier the screws in the band are an issue. The clasp is really nice, my only complaint is that there appears to be a fingerprint on the inside portion that was not wiped clean so it has imprinted itself. A little work with the Cape Cod cloth will probably remove it. My only other observation on the band is the spacing between the end link that mounts against the watch body and the second link of the band. It seems to be slightly raised and have a larger gap than the rest of the links.( I may just be looking too hard).

The Crown looks pretty nice, seems to be larger than the standard Sub Crown. Crown Guards are Fat. They look Ok to me. But without seeing the Gen I can't say for sure.

I didn't have any problem with any of the settings. Yes you can quick advance the date. I set my GMT hand for Zulu time and then set Local and don't plan to change it again. I don't want to temp fate with this movement. So far it is keeping good time.

So with all of that said. Overall I am still impressed with this watch. It looks awsome! I am definitly pleased that I got one of the first batch, especially if they aren't going to do any more of the "Correct Hand Stack" models. It wiil be getting so serious wrist time for a while. Hope this is helpful.

Fantastic pics Lani. Thanks! Guess we have another case of dealers shooting themselves in the foot by making this first run but the second will have the incorrect handstack. I'm sure that there will be more than a few members that pass on the second one and wait to find one of these first run ones secondhand.