When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Francois Rotier Tourbillon

Samurai

Am looking at getting myself a nice tourbillon. Options are Homer's unbranded toubys, Angus's JLC and River's Radiomir Fiber Touby.

Came across this watch from Germany....selling for Euro 999 (including 19% VAT and shipping). If selling international....would VAT still be applicable?. Any members have experience with this?

Specs (in German....someone pls help translate)

Modell Name.: Monarch Tourbillon Regulateur (XL Geh

Am looking at getting myself a nice tourbillon. Options are Homer's unbranded toubys, Angus's JLC and River's Radiomir Fiber Touby.

Came across this watch from Germany....selling for Euro 999 (including 19% VAT and shipping). If selling international....would VAT still be applicable?. Any members have experience with this?

Specs (in German....someone pls help translate)

Modell Name.: Monarch Tourbillon Regulateur (XL Case)

Reference Nr.: FR-0603-G

Movement: 1-Minute Tourbillion , Handwind

Regulator with non-central Hours

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds

Golden minutehand & golden Tourbillion cage

Case diameters: ca. 42,5 x 47,0 mm

Thickness: ca. 13 mm

Weight: ca. 155 Gramm

Case: 3-pieces, Stainless Steel 316l, 10 Microns real gold

Caseback: 4x screwed with engraved Logo

Glas: Saphhire glass

Bezel: brushed Stainless Steel 8x screwed

Waterproof: 5 ATM (50 m)

Dial: Carbonfiber, Black

Crown: catchy T-Crown with long stem

Band: black rubberband

Bandansto

That is a beautful watch indeed. It looks to be yellow gold yet the specs say it is stainless steel. Very elegant design and a big watch at that which makes it all the better.

I think it all comes down to what you like since you are buying a real watch, dress tourbillon or sports tourbillon, (unless you get a tourbi that is extremely badly posing as a real Breguet, AP, JLC, etc. tourbi in which case I will speak my mind and say you are wasting good money).

$1,551 USD / 999 Euro is a lot to pay for a handwind Chinese tourbi movement although that is one of the better designed sports type cases I've seen, its quite handsome. You've seen the price for a good standard dress non-branded chinese tourbi, power reserve, $550 USD / 355 Euros. If you want to pay for that different sporty tourneau case, carbon fiber dial, then go for it, because the extra cost is for the design. Never mind about the name on it, they are all made up anyway as a fake history to sell the asian tourbi watch. Although you are soliciting opinions here, I reiterate, its all a personal choice because you are not buying a rep., you are buying a real complicated watch movement, so don't let others opinions knock your tastes.

If you are not into small 38 mm dress type watches, then this might be the one that fits your wrist.

Regards

Thanks Omni. Am still not able to decide. I corresponded with the company selling this watch and they will waive off 19% VAT as it'll be shipped international. the website of the company is www.timeshop24.de

Thanks Omni. Am still not able to decide. I corresponded with the company selling this watch and they will waive off 19% VAT as it'll be shipped international. the website of the company is www.timeshop24.de

[/quote

Its the same movement that is within the Tourbillons offered by Homer and Angus. (NOT a seagull however) That is a lot of $ for a no name watch with a chinese movement especially when you consider that you could get the exact same movement from Homer with a non branded dial. Personally I would not waste the money....buy from one of our dealers.

Thanks Corgi. I love Homer's watches and am seriously considering getting a RG with white face ....alternative is to get a JLC from Angus.

It's just that I love big watches....44mm+ and thought this was a big watch.

Do you any experience with River's Fiber Radiomir Tourby?...that goes for $599 as well with 2 yr warranty

Thanks Corgi. I love Homer's watches and am seriously considering getting a RG with white face ....alternative is to get a JLC from Angus.

Do you any experience with River's Fiber Radiomir Tourby?...that goes for $599 as well with 2 yr warranty

Be careful of that JLC. It is mislabeled on its back as a "Date/Moon" phase watch....it is neither. The SS back also looks suspicious with a supposedly solid rose gold case.

I have one of these which came from river and it has two year warranty from River as well. I paid $950 for it with 1 extra strap. I can let it go for $800 shipped to you if you are interested. this watch is a auto center tourbillon instead of manual winding.

Tourbillion_3.jpg

Tourbillion_2.jpg

goodluck with your Tourbi hunting. Regardless which one you get, you will be happy to have one tourbi watch in your collection.

Price-wise, the obvious choice for a large cased tourbillon is River's Fiber Radiomir Tourbi. I personally like the Francois Rotier tourneau case better although I don't agree with their marked up pricing for it. But isn't that the same for all watches? You are not paying for how much you know it costs them to make the thing, you are paying for the design.

If we all based our decision purely on the price and knowledge of what it takes to make them, no one would buy an HBB, rep or genuine. Back to, "its what you like, the passion for it and how much damage to your wallet you can bear". Not an easy choice. :lol:

River has more ... just ask him.

I really like his skeleton tourbillon, but that's over $1000.

Narikaa has tourbillons as well.