When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Change Asian J21 in Noob to ETA

EnTaroAdun

Hi guys,

I want to cange the movement of my Noob to ETA. How much work is it for a watchsmith and where do I best source a gen ETA from in Europe? Which ETA model goes best into the noob without too much hassle?

Thanks in advance!!

EnTaro

Edited by EnTaroAdun

Thanks Joe,

for pointing that out. I have the problem with my current Noob, that the sound of the rotor (or whatever parts in the watch) is just anoying like hell! One can clearly hear as the watch rewinds, etc. I consider the watch barly usable and this is a major draw-back compared to ETAs.

Does the movement you offer has similar issues, or is it quiet like an ETA? How is the dw?

Thanks and best,

EnTaro

If its only the rotor that annoys you then just use a little grease o the rotor bearings, that will solve he problem

If you want it to beat the same as ETA ie 28,800bph then swap my movement in, you will have to use the datewheel from the noob as its a special font.

Thanks for your quick reply. I heard about the greasing option, however, the sound of the watch for ETAs is just completely silent without any grease. It is not only the rotor that annoys me, but also some kind of rewinding sound and the ticking is also much louder.

How are these things with the movement you offer?

Unfortunately, the DW of the Noob (Nympho to be more precise) I received was wrong (not crisp and way too fat numbers), such that I wanted to also correct for this issues with the movement swap.

Cheers,

EnTaro