When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering 4 watches and straps

DaveAsXxo

Hey guys just wanted to let you know what I'm ordering.

I currently own an orange UPO and a Santos 100 non-chrono. I ordered them about a year ago off Joshua's site. I received the watches in good condition -_- . But time hasn't been very nice to the watches. <_< The UPO's crown is not closing properly (it's out a little / doesn't screw in properly), 6' hour marker is not straight (but it came like that), the buckle opens very easily now. About the Santos 100 non-chrono, the crown lost the blue jewel, and the deployment buckle lost 2 screws.

So here's what I'm ordering.

1. Omega Leather Strap for UPO

post-6464-1212502090_thumb.jpg

2. Seamaster GMT 2007 Ultimate

post-6464-1212502278_thumb.jpg

3. GMT-Master II Black/Red Bezel (Swiss ETA-2836-2)

post-6464-1212502292_thumb.jpg

4. Cartier Santos 100 Chrono SS Asian 7750 w/black leather strap

post-6464-1212502165_thumb.jpg

5. Cartier Roadster SS White (Swiss Eta 2824-2) <---- This one I just ordered off Joshua's site.

post-6464-1212502338_thumb.jpg

The last item is already ordered from Perfect Clones. The rest of my order is on hold because I emailed puretime to ask him if the crown on the Seamaster GMT was the correct one but I haven't received any reply yet.

Any final thoughts or advice on my current order? :rolleyes:

Edited by DaveAsXxo

first off, sorry to hear about the troubles with your existing reps -- sounds like you must be tough on watches :bangin:

if you like your standard santos 100 and think you'd like it in an even bigger size with more accurate details, i think you'll like the santos 100 chrono. i'll warn you though, it is a big watch; in the end i found it too big for my tastes given it has the look of a dressier watch with the white dial and black gator strap.

re: your other choices:

gmt master ii. definitely a nice watch, although i have to admit if i were starting again, i'd probably spring for the new gmt master ii with ceramic bezel that has just been released.

omega gmt. not my cup of tea, but everyone has their own tastes.

cartier roadster. i have a good friend with a genuine roadster, and it is very nice looking sporty dress watch.

the fun part of this hobby is the fact that we can try a bunch of different watches in a very cost-efficient manner -- variety is the spice of life. my suggestion is as follows: if you don't end up liking one of these watches that you pick up, don't be afraid to cut your losses, put it up for sale for a small discount relative to what you paid for it, and chalk it up to experience and getting to know your watch tastes.

have fun with it :victory:

deltatahoe

first off, sorry to hear about the troubles with your existing reps -- sounds like you must be tough on watches :bangin:

if you like your standard santos 100 and think you'd like it in an even bigger size with more accurate details, i think you'll like the santos 100 chrono. i'll warn you though, it is a big watch; in the end i found it too big for my tastes given it has the look of a dressier watch with the white dial and black gator strap.

re: your other choices:

gmt master ii. definitely a nice watch, although i have to admit if i were starting again, i'd probably spring for the new gmt master ii with ceramic bezel that has just been released.

omega gmt. not my cup of tea, but everyone has their own tastes.

cartier roadster. i have a good friend with a genuine roadster, and it is very nice looking sporty dress watch.

the fun part of this hobby is the fact that we can try a bunch of different watches in a very cost-efficient manner -- variety is the spice of life. my suggestion is as follows: if you don't end up liking one of these watches that you pick up, don't be afraid to cut your losses, put it up for sale for a small discount relative to what you paid for it, and chalk it up to experience and getting to know your watch tastes.

have fun with it :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanks for the input Deltatahoe,

I ended up ordering the Omega Gmt 2007 Ultimate, the Santos 100 chrono, and the Cartier Roadster.

The Omega from Angus and the Santos and Roadster from Joshua. All in 3 different shipments to minimize total lost because of customs.

Thanks again mate. :D