When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 005

Hi Guys,

a little help please. I'm looking at Davidsen's PAM 005 swiss movement at $360 versus Perfect Clone's one at $258.

From the pictures, details, etc. they look absolutely identical, even down to the fact that the op logo is close to the Panerai logo.

Has anyone got either one of these? If so how have you found it?

In general who tends to produce the best pieces?

As there's $100 difference for what appear to be the exact same watch i need some help in deciding whether Davidsen's is going to be worth the extra money.

Any information/ideas?

as stated there are many differences between the two...but there's not a "super" 005 on the market...nor is there a basis to create one either. The DSN one is probably the "best" out of the box though as his logo is "better" despite being too close to the Panerai wording

Here's another perspective...since it's a closed back model you could do what I did with mine.

Spent $100 on a 21J movement 005 from Joshua

Had The Zigmeister lume it and install a Palp crown on it

Did a couple little mods to the CG myself

**note...the 21J movement doesn't have the recessed pin issue that needs fixed on the others...however the pin has a slightly rounded top not a flat top.

and for $300ish I've got a very nice 005 rep that actually gets the most wrist time of any of my reps. Still got as many flaws as any other but has great lume and great crown which for me were the most important issues. I could still nitpick my own watch some and make improvements but I'm too busy wearing the darn thing.

Picture113.jpg