When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know of a PO 42mm that has a gen bezel/insert done?

owdeguy

Hi, I'm trying to confirm something and I need to find anyone that has done the gen bezel insert mod on a 42mm Planet Ocean. Tia.

Pete

The gen bezel does not fit the 42mm PO rep if I recall correctly. I am not 100% sure about the insert, but I don't think it fits either.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah im wondering where can i get a gen insert for the PO. it seems hard to get even on ebay

You can't get the gen insert without the bezel because Omega only supplies them with the bezel. This is stupid because the entire reason Rolex(who is supposedly the first to use the 2-piece insert/bezel design) made it that way is because the insert was the most often scratched and replaced part of their watches.

Your only hope is that an individual tinkerer or watchsmith had a project that only required a bezel, but the chances of this are slim to none because there's no reason anyone working on a gen wouldn't simply install the entire bezel with insert. I have never seen a gen insert by itself for sale anywhere. So basically the only option for anyone who wants one is to buy the entire assembly and take it apart.

Edited by -EZ-

Hi, I'm trying to confirm something and I need to find anyone that has done the gen bezel insert mod on a 42mm Planet Ocean. Tia.

Pete

I am going to do exactly that in the next few days - I will keep you informed how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...