When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR for PAM

scotty

Hi all.

Have decided to take advantage of K2222's AR service, and first baby is on it's way (PAM250).

However I still haven't decided if I should go for single or double AR.

As I understand (and I could be wrong here):

* Single AR = closer to gen (they have single) BUT results not as spectacular

* Double AR = results as per all the photos / threads (spectacular) BUT not as per gen.

My PAM is in the post on it's way as we speak, so I can finalise with K2222 before it arrives.

Anyone have experience of results of single sided AR on PAM's ?

What's the general opinion of which way to go on this??

Thanx

Hi all.

Anyone have experience of results of single sided AR on PAM's ?

My PAM111 has really improved from standard rep AR to single AR from K2222. Currently Jakub is working on single AR on my PAM250. I go for accuracy, although double AR has a stronger effect. Since the 250 comes without any AR I think you will be very happy with even single AR.

Hello again.......

Can you post any before and after pics with the single AR on a black faced PAM?

I tend to go more for accuracy also.....but I just wanted to try to compare.

My PAM111 has really improved from standard rep AR to single AR from K2222. Currently Jakub is working on single AR on my PAM250. I go for accuracy, although double AR has a stronger effect. Since the 250 comes without any AR I think you will be very happy with even single AR.

I tried both single and double AR.

The effect of single AR is subtle: you are just left with single reflections instead of double reflections. :lol:

In my opinion, the best effect of single AR is on reflections from the cyclops, that get almost completely erased.

Just, as your 250 is cyclopsless, you are not going to take benefit from that effect.

Personally, I highly prefer double AR, even at expense for accuracy.

In the end, even a gen might get re-AR-coated. :)

I vote for single-sided. I have only double-sided one PAM - a radiomir. The difference between it and the gen was just too obvious. And with the rapidly rising popularity of PAM's I now run into PAM gen's almost daily. Whether Chief's or K222's process the result is very noticeable. Sssurfer is absolutely right though that double makes a big optical difference.

2 votes for single AR, 1 for double.....

Any more opinions/ photos??????

I vote for single-sided. I have only double-sided one PAM - a radiomir. The difference between it and the gen was just too obvious. And with the rapidly rising popularity of PAM's I now run into PAM gen's almost daily. Whether Chief's or K222's process the result is very noticeable. Sssurfer is absolutely right though that double makes a big optical difference.

You could have double AR and if you want to change it you could remove one side later.

Uhm. Differently from single AR, removing double side AR is a PITA even on just one side. Double is 1000x tougher than single. :g:

Hmmm

3 votes for double; 2 for single, and the option of a brillo pad solution against double if I don't like it........ :D

I'm checking with Jakub for his view as well. Pics of single might help. I usually try to go with accuracy.

However, I feel here there will only be a real visible benefit in going for double.......

Any more views? Or even better, comparison pics (aside from the ones in K222's area)?

Uhm. Differently from single AR, removing double side AR is a PITA even on just one side. Double is 1000x tougher than single. :g:

Sure it may be a pain in the ass, Chief said 25-30 min to remove his, but it can be done according to him.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=removing+ar

It is my opinion that scotty would like the double and leave it be, BUT if he wants to spend 30 min to have single side he could.

I fail to see to the problem with my suggestion or dont recall my mention of a Brillo pad. Whats up with that?

If I wanted single AR or double AR on my watch then I would just make up my own mind and do it.

Edit to add that I have not done it just read that it can be done.

Can you post any before and after pics with the single AR on a black faced PAM?

Unfortunately I always make pics from angles where reflections are minimized, so my before and after pics would almost look the same....

The single AR is an improvement, but certainly not a dramatic one. The double AR on my 3717 is so much more effective.

Unfortunately I always make pics from angles where reflections are minimized, so my before and after pics would almost look the same....

The single AR is an improvement, but certainly not a dramatic one. The double AR on my 3717 is so much more effective.

Ditto. Single AR is a very subtle improvement. Double AR is dramatic. I always tell people that it's much more difficult to differentiate between no AR and single AR than it is between single and double AR. :)