When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantasy 40mm base PAM crystal fixed

Mickey Padge

Guest avitt

Coincidentally, I'm trying to track down an odd sized sapphire as well (domed 34mm x 1.1mm thick). Offshore kindly pointed me in the direction of GS Supplies...but, alas, it's not a size that they stock.

Just for fun, I asked for a quote to have the crystal custom made. The numbers: 50 piece minimum x $29 each + $150 tooling charge.

For my application, this isn't practical...But it may be something to keep in mind for large scale projects on the board.

Definitely useful to known thanks! ^_^

I was told that not all mineral glass is created equal. The glass removed from my PAM was very soft apparently, but I was told (again :p ) that the newly installed glass was harder and so would not scratch quite so easily...

Is that true, or was it just a sales pitch? :lol:

They don't have 33.3mm though which is a shame :(

I would give a try with the 33mm crystal.

0.3mm should be small enough to get compensated by the teflon gasket -- plus a bit of glue, in case.

What size is a standard marina crystal? ex. 111

35.5mm diameter.

Is that true, or was it just a sales pitch? :lol:

It's true. Even truer (??? "more true"?) on glass than sapphire.

Well the guy had 33mm glass to hand, and said the play would be too much, even with cement/glue etc..... So we decided not to order the sapphire and go with mineral instead....

I am happy with what I received from him, it is a great improvement over the original marked glass, as I said before :)

At least if I damage the glass, I know I can get it fixed with ease B)

I would have preferred sapphire really, as it is a very hard material. However knowing my luck I would ding it one day and it would shatter! :p