When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've decided on a 111h - some questions

czammett

Well I've finally decided on my dealer (PT), and I'm pretty (well almost) sure that i'll go for a 111h or possibly a destro, although I'm not sure whether it'll be too big or not.

Anyway, I've got a few of questions:

(I am in the UK by the way)

1. PT says that it has Swiss Unitas 6497 movement in it, I've read that this is good, can someone confirm - how long can I expect the watch to work for?

2. How often should I need to service it, where can this be done? I guess there are some people on here that do it?

3. I hear a lot about modifications - are there some that I should definitely have done - are these aethetics, or to make the watch function better? I don't want to spend

1. PT says that it has Swiss Unitas 6497 movement in it, I've read that this is good, can someone confirm - how long can I expect the watch to work for? -- I would expect that with proper care, this movement would outlive you. Seriously.

2. How often should I need to service it, where can this be done? I guess there are some people on here that do it? -- Almost ANY watchmaker can service a Swiss 6497. They are pretty simple movements when compared to most others. The bigger issue is usually finding someone you trust to work on reps. Yes, there are people on this board that will do it, as well.

3. I hear a lot about modifications - are there some that I should definitely have done - are these aethetics, or to make the watch function better? I don't want to spend