When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case for PVD 195/009 projects. Does this case look ok?

milsub5517

i'm looking for a proper case for PVD 195 and 009 projects. I found this case, does it look like standard rep case that our dealers use(minus the marking on the case back which im not going to use anyway)? Do you think this case can accept gen PVD crown? your help is appreciated, as always.

44mmpolished01ob9.jpg

44mmpolished02da4.jpg

44mmpolished03sv6.jpg

44mmpolished04mb6.jpg

44mmpolished05em1.jpg

you are right. crown aside, does the case look alright? if the crown project started here produces good results i'll have those crowns PVD'd. what should i expect to pay for the case? i've been quoted 120usd by trustytime, this place wants 100$. Are there any cheaper good quality cases out there?

I thought the gen PVD crowns were the .9mm ID threads for the auto movements?

looks like the case in the bottom (see gen picture below, borrowed from 'risti) would be more accurate for this project. I do not anyone except DSN selling such cases, and it looks like his cases are not very accurate. Do i have any other options then?

dsc031sm4.jpg

dsc05ns9.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

so standard rep case that is. Does anyone know if the CG needs to be polished before bead blasting/PVD'ing (its brushed on reg rep case) ?

The best case for a 009 or 195 is a Jimmy Fu if you can find one. There are variety of rep cases out there so try to get one with the longer lugs and more curved profile that slopes down at the corners. Polish the CG first before beadblasting so that the case and CG end up the same - most of the smaller CGs on standard rep cases are polished anyhow.

@ peepshow - Thanks for the comparison shot. This shows how much more accurate the regular rep is in comparison to DSN's ugly duckling, which unfortunately can't be turned into a swan.

You can buy an homage watch complete with a bracelet for around $100. Sizzlin just uses basic Chinese cases. Probably the same as standard rep but I am not sure. That being said, you can get an entire watch from them for $120 or less. So I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a case.

jimmy fu case is out of question at this point. what do you polish CQ with? Cape Cod cloth or something else?

The best case for a 009 or 195 is a Jimmy Fu if you can find one. There are variety of rep cases out there so try to get one with the longer lugs and more curved profile that slopes down at the corners. Polish the CG first before beadblasting so that the case and CG end up the same - most of the smaller CGs on standard rep cases are polished anyhow.

@ peepshow - Thanks for the comparison shot. This shows how much more accurate the regular rep is in comparison to DSN's ugly duckling, which unfortunately can't be turned into a swan.