When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Marker Came off and Date stuck

MimiSars

Thats not my watch as I have the blue one with white markers, but I pointed out the problems on the different color. The marker (red) has come off and now only the gold is exposed. The marker is in the case but it moves around since its not stuck to the gold plate anymore. Also, the date (green) can't be changed. It got jammed or something. I can still move the wheel in the date position but the date wont change.

Please help, I love this watch! thx

25528_2125b_122_1124lo.jpg

Edited by MimiSars

I would love to help, but I have no idea what you are talking about. How about posting a couple of clear pictures (use the macro on your camera) that details the problem?

I dont have a camera sorry. For some reason the picture that I posted is gone, here it is:

2125bes8.jpg

Basically, the sticker on the 12 oclock came off and now the gold is exposed. On the picture, what it would be is that the black sticker came off. I have a white sticker on my watch. Its the luminiscent sticker that glows in the dark.

Also, the date for some reason works now. I think it jams once in awhile because now the date changes when I use the crown dial. 2 days ago it got stuck on the 12th and it wouldnt move anymore. Yesterday I checked the watch and it was on the 14th. I think that once the day passed, the inside of the watch must have recalibrated or something. I have no clue but its just a guess. Either way, is there a way to stop it from jamming?

Thanks.

Do you know what movement is in the watch, or could you let us know where you got it that way we could let you know what the best way to repair it is, depending on the movement and the cost, the lume could be reset by any competant watchsmith if you can find one who will work in reps.

Do you know what movement is in the watch, or could you let us know where you got it that way we could let you know what the best way to repair it is, depending on the movement and the cost, the lume could be reset by any competant watchsmith if you can find one who will work in reps.

I got the watch from Andrew at TrustyTime:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=617

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic

What do you mean that the lume can be "reset"? Doesnt it just need to be glued on the gold plate? Could I just buy a Bergeon to open the case back and get to the marker that way?

yes you could glue it back in your self if you want to and are able to.

with the date on an eta if there is a problem yes 99 times out of a hundred it can be repared, does the date move forward in the quick set postition via the crown?

yes you could glue it back in your self if you want to and are able to.

with the date on an eta if there is a problem yes 99 times out of a hundred it can be repared, does the date move forward in the quick set postition via the crown?

Just to clarify, I can just buy the Bergeon Case Opener:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Oyster-Case-Open...id=p3286.c0.m14

and the entire watch with the dial will come out after that, whereupon I can just glue the marker back? If so, are both sides to the marker luminescent or is it a single side?

Im not quite sure what you were stating about the date. "Move forward in a quick set position"? When I move the date up, it goes and clicks when it hits the next day. Also, I can't seem to set the date going backwards, is the watch supposed to only go forward when setting?

Edited by MimiSars

It will only set the date going forward and that is probebly what has started the problem of it not changing, by quick set i mean when you unscrew the crown the first position is the winding, the second is the the date quck set and the third is the time set, you should only ever move the hands clockwise and never realy anti clock wise.

The marker is a lump of lume so is luminous both sides but will only fit back in one way, think of it as a bit of hard paint.

yes the case back will open the back but you will also have to remove the the crown, movement holder tabs and screws and spacer, do a search there are lots of tutorials in here.

remember moving the date and hands backwards are bad.

It will only set the date going forward and that is probebly what has started the problem of it not changing, by quick set i mean when you unscrew the crown the first position is the winding, the second is the the date quck set and the third is the time set, you should only ever move the hands clockwise and never realy anti clock wise.

The marker is a lump of lume so is luminous both sides but will only fit back in one way, think of it as a bit of hard paint.

yes the case back will open the back but you will also have to remove the the crown, movement holder tabs and screws and spacer, do a search there are lots of tutorials in here.

remember moving the date and hands backwards are bad.

WOW THANKS.

Yes, it does quick set.

Thats actually how the lume came off oddly enough. I rewound the watch and I noticed that it was 8 oclock so I winded the hands backwards. When I did that, the hands kind of got stuck and then proceeded after about .5 seconds. Right when that happened, the lume came off. I dont know how since it doesnt touch the lume but thats what happened.

Do you know what size of screwdrivers I need? Found a tut but doesnt specify, think most people just have a full kit. Thanks again I appreciate it!

Edited by MimiSars