When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Chrono Diver 300m Black

cj85

Hey Guy's, Just wondering if anyone owns this watch?? I have just ordered it from Andrew, and saw the good mini review it got in By-Tor's Omega guide. I havent seen any other info from board members on it, and was wondering how it is :) .It looks like a prity nice watch and I'm surprised not to have found more posts about it.

MOVEMENT: New Asia Valjoux 7750 Working Chronograph (28,800bph)

CASE DIAMETER: 41.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with red chrono/subdial needles

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel Double Deployant buckle

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal

BACK GLASS: Solid Case Back with detailed engraving

BEZEL: Uni-directional Rotating Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Deployant Folding Buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 6:00 position

GMT HAND:

Water Resistant

Caseback with Anti-Magnetic Cover Internal

New Asia Valjoux movement with 28,800bph

Fully Functional Chronograph

post-13408-1213674987_thumb.jpg

Edited by cj85

This gen has a tight tricompax subdial spacing which can't be replicated properly.

And because there's a Bond Seamaster chronograph "Super rep" with perfect 12-9-6 spacing, it's only natural that this has never gotten much attention.

But I agree, it's a great looker.

I used to own it, sold it to a friend. The quality of mine, an early batch, is great. As bytor said, the subdial spacing is bothersome. But more of a problem to me was the bracelet. This rep used a speedmaster bracelet which is very wrong. The gen bracelet gets thicker towards the case and gives it a much beefier, tougher look. Thats what ultimately led me to sell it.

Great watch, good quality. If you love watch as I do, get it. I'm just gonna get the gen.

Thanks for the info. Got mine today and the one I received does infact have the correct bracelet at lease according to photos from the Omega Website, and the bracelet does get fatter towards the watch and thinner towards the clasp. Perfectly centered pearl and bright Lume.

The subdial spacing is incorrect, but its incorrect on the Planet Ocean chrono which seemigly is a popular watch that people seem to be able to live with. I like the Planet Ocean a lot and actually bought one of the really nice and very good quality Quartz models which has the correct subdial spacing etc but has other flaws.

I have to say I am VERY impressed with the Seamaster Chrono Diver Black and would Recommend it highly. I only received it today, so will post an update when I have made sure it works fully etc :)

Heres a wrist shot :)

post-13408-1214003057_thumb.jpg