When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgraded Lello date wheel installed

bruce79

The first Lello date wheel I had installed in my 188 was a bit off in that about 2/3 of the numbers sat too low in the date window. Well after sending Lello a pm, he was gracious enough to swap out my date wheel for one of the few updated ones he had left... ^_^ Great gesture and great guy.

Well after finally making it up to my watchmaker on Wednesday and dropping off the 188 for the swap, I realized late Wednesday night that I actually dropped off the rep date wheel, not the new date wheel from Lello... :o ...I left a message in the middle of the night for him that I would be bringing the correct date wheel first thing in the morning but it was apparently too late, he called me as I was on my way saying that he had already performed the swap. Oh well, I still brought him the new Lello date wheel to install. Cost me twice as much but that's what I get for taking enough allergy medication this week to kill a large mule... It was well worth it as the results are amazing...Have a look.

The first date wheel from Lello...notice the font is a tad too thin and the alignment

DSC_0011-5.jpg

And the new date wheel from Lello...awesome...you just completed my 188 Lello... :D

DSC_0004-4.jpg

DSC_0003-3.jpg

DSC_0002-3.jpg

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

Awesome!

I really hope that lello comes back. He is an asset to all us rep lovers from the old days when his crowns used to be our only chance to get a better crown.

I understand that datewheels are real bitches to get properly made... but results like this clearly show that the effort may worth. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@LR Lello hasn't gone from the forum but is just taking a break from producing date wheels for now.

He may or may not start these again as he has experienced quite a bit of frustration with the production of these...Mainly from his printer not getting them right 100% of the time as The Zigmeister has pointed out.

@LR Lello hasn't gone from the forum but is just taking a break from producing date wheels for now.

He may or may not start these again as he has experienced quite a bit of frustration with the production of these...Mainly from his printer not getting them right 100% of the time as The Zigmeister has pointed out.

Understood. I guess this is also why The Zigmeister has decided to stop installing aftermarket DW's.

Thanks guys, I really didn't expect this one to work out. Especially not after Zig's post that he was not going to install aftermarket date wheels due to the many many issues he's encountered. I was waiting for the call from my watchsmith that this one was not going to work. But sure enough, he said it lined up perfectly. Though he couldn't understand why I wanted to swap out a perfect date wheel (rep date wheel). I just feel fortunate that I was able to get one of these lasts date wheels...and it looks great.