When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Contemplating Purchasing the GEN 42.5mm SMPO

tenacious_b

I went and tried one on and it seemed a little small compared to my Ingy which is approximagely the same size, but other than that, it was Awesome! I am seriously considering purchasing one, and I'd like some feedback from anyone who owns it as far as reliability, and what I could reasonably expect to bargain down to for a brand new one.

Thanks!

Bryan

I am aprehensive about the Omega Co-axial movement, its a cute idea but why? The watch does not get any more accurate from it and bump the watch one time too hard and it stops! and practically nobody besides Omega can make it work again...

Besides not seeing your watch for about 6 months, after the warranty period that repair is going to cost serious money to fix.

As for Omega I rather have the rep - maybe a Franken :) or the older pre Co-axial SMP.

Other brands - give me all the gens I can afford. :rolleyes:

Just my opinion - it could be wrong, but I was warned by a pro..

Edit:

To add to the other brands I have to clarify:

All Rolex Sport models will never lose value and are the best bet for investment.

Watches like IWC at the least and up to Jaeger le Coultre and all real high end ones will keep their value.

Omega, Tags, Breitling, Chopard, Chanel, Gucci, Movado etc - all those lose 60% right when you buy them and they will not gain any value, so if that is important to you keep that in mind also.