When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

George Carlin 1937-2008

hambone

George Carlin died tonight after checking into Santa Monica hospital with chest pains. He suffered a fatal heart attack at age 71. Since I was a kid, Carlin made me laugh with his wry social commentary and hilarious routines. He was here in Vgas performing just last week and the last time I saw him was two years ago. There is much to be said about a man who brings tears of laughter to millions. Thanks George for the sideaches from laughing so hard. You will be missed.

George Carlin died tonight after checking into Santa Monica hospital with chest pains. He suffered a fatal heart attack at age 71. Since I was a kid, Carlin made me laugh with his wry social commentary and hilarious routines. He was here in Vgas performing just last week and the last time I saw him was two years ago. There is much to be said about a man who brings tears of laughter to millions. Thanks George for the sideaches from laughing so hard. You will be missed.

Hambone

Thank you for posting this. I had not heard of his passing; very sad.

Not long ago, at a party, someone asked if I could remember the time in my life when I laughed the hardest. It was when I was a teenager away at camp. We were listening to a George Carlin LP. I will never forget that day. Thanks for all the fond memories George.

RIP

Jeez had`nt heard this, bums me out now on this sad news. Very funny and intelligent soul that had a gift for all of us to think and laugh on. A true cultural icon if there was one.

RIP George Carlin.

My thoughts think those 7 words will be on his stone.