When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica affair over before it really started?

bluerex

a Synthetic sapphire crystal alone costs $80 at its cheapest brand new.

synthetic sapphire and mineral glass should never be interchangable words. one is hardened glass, the other is literally home grown sapphire that has a mohs rating of like 8 or 9...just below diamond

Rolex=synthetic sapphire only a diamond can virtually scratch it.

Stock Reps= GLASS more scratch resistant than a window but defntly still scratchable. they even chip in my experience.

You should ask him prior to ordering how tall his sapphire crystal is, they used to be 3.3mm while the standard rep crystal and OEM PAM Luminor crystals are 3.5mm tall. Seem like a small difference but if you install Davidsens crystal on a standard rep it shall sit flush or below flush with the bezel instead of sticking out a few mm. Imho bellow flush in frigging fugly :crazy:

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ravishingrick

You should ask him prior to ordering how tall his sapphire crystal is, they used to be 3.3mm while the standard rep crystal and OEM PAM Luminor crystals are 3.5mm tall. Seem like a small difference but if you install Davidsens crystal on a standard rep it shall sit flush or below flush with the bezel instead of sticking out a few mm. Imho bellow flush in frigging fugly :crazy:

Just my 2 cents.

Hi ravishingrick.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have just checked with David and the crystal is 3.5mm tall.