When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did anyone see the genuine blue pam93 power reserve dial FS on viaPaneristi?

wan

Will it fit a 21J PR rep movement??

No. The 21J has a different subdial/p.r. positioning relative to the gen dial/movement.

A standard ETA/Valjoux/Asia 7750 would not work with this dial. This because the power reserve complication is not available on the standard 7750's. Not sure if Panerai uses an addon Power Reserve module ala Soprod.

To build a Franken with this dial your best chance would be to source a gen movement or to find out if a third party p.r. module is used above the 7750 -> source a 7750+the p.r. module (if available) and presto.

Im just curious? What if you took a rep pam222 or pam90 and used the movement from there?

I know that on the power reserve reps the date function is on the side of the case but what if you just put the movement in a regular auto titanium case and just set the date with the crown only and tucked the button date function inside the watch case?

I know it would take alot longer to set the date but it would look corect.

Would that work if you did that? Thanks, Wan

Im just curious? What if you took a rep pam222 or pam90 and used the movement from there?

I know that on the power reserve reps the date function is on the side of the case but what if you just put the movement in a regular auto titanium case and just set the date with the crown only and tucked the button date function inside the watch case?

I know it would take alot longer to set the date but it would look corect.

Would that work if you did that? Thanks, Wan

I will not work. The spacing of the small seconds hand, power reserve hand, and date window on the movement _all_ have to be in the _exact_ same position as they are positioned on the Genuine dial. Tolerances are close to _tenths_ of millimeters. The seagull movement used in the Rep pam222 or pam90 have a different spacing then the Gen movement/dial. For example the position of the power reserve pinion on the seagull is _several_ millimeters lower positioned then on the OEM movement. That alone is an example of why it shall not work. As advised by Kruzer and myself you best shot is sourcing a gen movement, seen one offered on eBay by seller adam-co for approx 1200$ about a year ago. Together with the dial you shall be out 2100$. These movements are virtually impossible to find. Do not want to discourage you, but like run-dmc say "it's like that, it's just the way it is".

Assuming you pick up the dial for $900 the movement for $1,000 (although Michael's is long since sold to another forum member who is in the midst of his franken project) and can find a worthy automatic ti case with crownguard I have a gen ti crown. You will still need a movement spacer and caseback to go with it. You are probably into this one for at least $3,000 and the gen is readily obtainable at $7,000.