When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one of these is the best quality bracelet pin removal tool?

I'm in the process of performing a repair and adjustment of my UPO bracelet (brand new and I haven't even had the chance to wear it)!

Currently, I have the pin removal tool that Narikaa sells, and I can get the pins to come out half way. However any attempt to remove them with pliers is futile. I'm also finding it hard to tap out the pins using a needle/pin and hammer.

Therefore I searched ebay for bracelet pin removal tools which come with longer pins fitted. I'm hoping these will further push the pins out and then they should be easier to remove with pliers. Here is the choice of 4:

1)

s-1301.jpg

Comes with 3 extra pins of different diameters. These pins look longer than the standard sized ones.

2)

a95f_1.jpgchainlinkremover.jpg

This one has a VERY long pin, the seller doesn't state if they come with any extra pins or not, but these should be able to push any pins all the way out.

3)

09_1.jpgtls-cb-685.jpg

This one is described as "watch chain link & pin remover for rusted and/or jammed links pins". This tool seems like its used by professionals, its the most expensive one, though I'm not sure if its suitable to use for the PO or any watch that has hard to remove pins. It also comes with extra 'hardened steel' pins.

I would prefer No. 1

Whichever you choose , just make sure you press the pins out in the right direction, ( sounds simple , I know )

or you really will be pushing you know what uphill.