When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas Best Dial

SwissWatches

Where'd you get these parts?

I have a genuine dial I'll put in my Silix version, with genuine ETA movement. Will need relumed hands unless I can find genuine hands somewhere.

Where'd you get these parts?

I have a genuine dial I'll put in my Silix version, with genuine ETA movement. Will need relumed hands unless I can find genuine hands somewhere.

Where did you find the gen one?

I have the equipment to relume the dials with bergeon luming materials, but I can not be bothered doing it.

I have the rest from Andrew (Trusty Time)

I am in the way of creating a Franken VC Ovrseas, I have the case, the bracelet and the hands and I have bought from my local distributor an ETA 2834-2 nickel plated, I need the forum help though for the best black or white dial!!!!!!!!!

I have the rest from Andrew (Trusty Time)

Correct me if I

Edited by bong

Yes, you are correct Andrew did not sold me any gen parts, but I am trying to find the dial and the hands, if possible in order to create my own Franken VC.

If not then I will just try to use the best rep dial and hands available and the reason I have created this post is for the fellows member to help me out with my project!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were two gen dials up on ebay recently. You could check their priodically. No one has a perfect dial. Each one has it's flaws. Either the cross size is two small, or the Geneve text is missing the accent mark. Many people buy both versions and do a cross transplant.

If you have genuine hands, how can you put them into a 2834-2?

The gen uses a modified JLC 889.

And what about the date window position?

Damn.. I hope that won't affect me putting the dial onto an ETA movement :(

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about good VC dials - I have the older version of the Overseas, and it's just eerily close to the gen. One of the first true super reps - just check out the details of the back engraving!

Here it is:

1zgazx0.jpg

The gen counterpart:

nl3m0w.jpg

The back:

v3hqps.jpg

The bracelet, clasp and everything else is also spot-on. Too bad it doesn't get any wrist time.

Might actually be willing to part with it if anyone is interested - just drop me a pm!

Cheers!

pedro