When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Black Seal

pubus

Hey friends,

as Im up to get myself a radiomir as a classy add to pams I have I got this sort of thinking.

typical radiomirs like 183 has the same material for case, same see through caseback and I started thinking what if I try to get a radiomir with classy, simple look but the one that definitly looks different. As I have little cash to spend on new pam, Silix's Ceramic Black Seal got my attention. But as always Im not 100% sure about its accuracy. And I need your help.

Does the ceramic feels properly? I mean is it like the real ceramic feel? And what about its weight? How can I compare it to a SS case? I see this particular one a little bit too shiny but I am thinking that I can use something to make it look more brushed. Can this be done with this kind of case material?

I could get myself a new piece that looks way different than my other pams.

Every comment is very appriciated :)

Cheers,

Kuba

I might have misread your post but Silixx watch is not ceramic... it's stainless steel with a shiny PVD coating. Aside from being black in color, this material has little im common with the ceramic of the real 292.

ok I didnt check that at Silix offer, you're both right. So their PVD can be scratched easily so there no option getting it brushed? Its thin PVD coating and every scratch will be visable in white?

These of mine are just thoughts, pubus, not even comments, let alone advices. Sorry.

I always considered the radiomir the dressy side of PAMs, so I am unsure about an all-black model like that.

On the other hand, a black dressy watch might be a nice contrast, and it is surely puzzling.

I wish you good luck about getting comparisons of rep ceramic vs gen ceramic, I doubt there are gen ceramic PAM owners here around.

And I have no clue about how to mod a rep ceramic surface.

All in all, at that price I would say: go for it, play with it, make your tests on it...

... then let us all know. :D

Just, as the OP released a similar model without the "maiale" on the dial, it is likely that the rep makers may soon release it as well. I personally would wait a bit and see if this comes out, as I can't stand that rep maiale.

EDIT:

I saw that fellows posted their replies while I was typing mine.

So it's PVD. Oh, crap. No modding allowed here. You might just make it shinier.

I have been sorely tempted to get the PVD coat Radiomir. It is a classy design no doubt. One interesting point on the rep, as it is a PVD coat and not ceramic, the rep weighs more than the gen as the gen has a ceramic feels rather lightweight in my hands, having seen the gen. The steel gives the impression of a more substantial watch which many of us prefer. Just as titanium is lighter than steel, ceramic is even lighter, so this would be a tell. It all depends on what floats your boat.

Has anyone purchased the ceramic Radiomir rep? Please spout forth opinions.

My 292 will be delivered this week. I'll post some pics and let you know how it looks. The first pics that come out, though, won't be that great as the rep strap will be on it. In a week and a half, however, an Old Skool Red 12 special will be mated to it...should be enough to make you want to get your credit card out!! Stay tuned!!

Jet

My 292 will be delivered this week. I'll post some pics and let you know how it looks.

Ok Im looking forward to it :)

I wanted to have a different radiomir, 183 is a great great classy and astonishing watch for sure and if I wont make up my mind I will get myself a SS case