When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montblanc Timewalker Quartz Chrono : new version

Pix

Hi Folks,

I have just received this one from Andrew (impossible to find it elsewhere...). Fast shipment and no bad surprise, I was happy with this transaction after more than 1 year without business with TrustyTime...

Maybe some of you know I'm a Montblanc fan : my first rep was a MB Star, and I currently own a Timewalker GMT and MB Sports Chrono. I have always desired the Timewalker Chrono, but always found something else on the top of my wish list. I was also probably reluctant to spend more than 250 dollars on an other A7750 based chrono...

Most of the cheap versions I've seen are automatic watches with faux-chrono, which is a feature I definitely can't stand : anyone having a look at your watch will find the feature ridiculous.

Often quartz reps are also of poor quality. Recently however I was lucky enough to find a few models which use the same case and accessories (bracelet/straps) as on the "high end" model : personally I was absolutely charmed by my Quartz Tag Aquaracer, Breitling Navitimer and now this Timewalker Chrono. On its way too a Quartz IWC Cousteau Diver. I've seen that the Corum A.C. looks pretty good too. I can only hope there are more to come, as I consider this as a smart alternative for those who don't want to spend too much, or just have too many 7750s in their collection already... like me :)

I won't review my Timewalker, as the 7750 based one was discussed many times, and considered as a very accurate rep from its construction point of view. Here we have a quartz version which does not exist in the genuine range. But it would probably look exactly like this one if Montblanc decided to use a quartz engine.

Here's a necessary link to St

Actually you can ask to mix the white with SS bracelet or black with leather. I was a bit anxious it would not be done, but surprisingly no problem at all on this request :D

I avoided the black, as it really has bad reflections on this model. And I'm not sure everyone would invest 55 to 75 USD to correct this on a 148 USD watch (I would, but didn't as I already have a black GMT Timewalker :D)

Very nice watch and photos, Pix. Excellent fit and finish.

I have an Omega Seamaster quartz chrono from tonyxkf that also has the supposed "swiss case" and bracelet, I am also quite charmed by its quality and relaibility, best part I paid a charming $85 for it!

May I ask, from which dealer are getting your IWC, and where did you see the Corum A.C.?

Hi Rek001,

the Corum is on Andrew's website.

For the IWC, it comes from time4U2look :lol: on ioffer

It should be delivered tomorrow, so if you're not in a hurry, I should review it until the end of the week. I'm pretty confident.

I'm sure that this Timewalker would cost 30-40 dollars less if found on ioffer.

Thanks much for the info, Pix.

I look forward to your review of the IWC, personally I'm having a lot of fun looking at ioffer and cqout for high quality yet inexpensive watches, sure beats agonizing over spending $400 on the latest offers.

• 1 month later...
What do you think about this one?

Its the leather strap good on these reps?

Same watch, leather strap - I got one with the steel bracelet and it looks great, gets lots of compliments.

Nobody notices that the Chronos are off.

Whenever I buy a rep on leather I always budget $150 for a new strap. I usually need it.

I have about a half dozen on leather and only one with the factory strap. YMMV.