When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai iwith non flat glass

docdoc

I am not really aware of all the models of panerai.

I think the 127 very nice but the golden hands makes me wonder…

So I would like to know if there were some other Panerai watches

which have "curved" glass.

I found this pict on a forum (can't remember where, sorry for that)

and I would also like to know what model it is.

2629006804_b23e774e7b_o.png

thanks in advance ;)

Edited by docdoc

Strange as it might sound, but the distortion of the numerals from the curved crystal (as well as the gold hands) are something you will get used to, and, with the 127, despite being things which can irritate, they actually add to the character of the watch. Mine's getting serviced at the moment, and I really miss it :D That said, the black hands are much more subtle, and, personally, I find blend in with the look of the dial/numerals, rather than standing apart from it, as the gold hands do.

2629006804_b23e774e7b_o.png

that is a vintage model i have one that i wonn on a PT raffle years ago, i did a bit of vintageising after i dropped it and also replaced the movement (new Molnija19j) with a vintage molnija 17J because A, i broke the new one and B, the older one has a microstellar balence and looked nicer. I brushed the case and fitted a very cheep high plexi glass to it. I belive a lot of the collectors can still source this one.

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00017-1.jpg

And here is a shot for sizecomparrison

DSCN3225.jpg

177h, 47mm fantasy, black seal, 127DSN, 127TWG, 217 PT, MM vintage PT

By the way the lume is quite good on mine

marinamilitarelume.jpg

docdoc, the crystal you are after is usually called "domed".

You will find it in vintage PAMs (like that in your pic) and in PAMs with the so-called "1950" case, either 44mm or 47mm.

Examples of 44mm are: the 212, 213, 253, and many J- and K- series models like the 270, 275, 286, 289... (it looks as the OP recently discovered that many PAM fans actually like them in the end).

Examples of 47mm are: the 127, 203, 217, 276.

docdoc, the crystal you are after is usually called "domed".

You will find it in vintage PAMs (like that in your pic) and in PAMs with the so-called "1950" case, either 44mm or 47mm.

Examples of 44mm are: the 212, 213, 253, and many J- and K- series models like the 270, 275, 286, 289... (it looks as the OP recently discovered that many PAM fans actually like them in the end).

Examples of 47mm are: the 127, 203, 217, 276.

Thanks a lot :)

docdoc, no PAM has a flat glass. Period. Pics or no pics. They are either slightly domed or highly domed.

The slightly domed are flat in their inner surface, so they are about 1-1.5mm thicker in their center point than along their border.

In the highly domed, the inner crystal surface follows the outer surface in its dome, so they are thinner than the slightly domed.

The 111 is slightly domed.

docdoc, no PAM has a flat glass. Period. Pics or no pics. They are either slightly domed or highly domed.

The slightly domed are flat in their inner surface, so they are about 1-1.5mm thicker in their center point than along their border.

In the highly domed, the inner crystal surface follows the outer surface in its dome, so they are thinner than the slightly domed.

The 111 is slightly domed.

Great ! that's clear. Sorry for all the dumb questions

Great ! that's clear. Sorry for all the dumb questions