When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIC Owners - What is the state of your rep?

freddy333

How is your GMTIIC doing?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which movement do you have?

• Correct Hand Stack (Swiss ETA)
    • Incorrect Hand Stack (Swiss ETA)
    • Incorrect Hand Stack (Asian ETA)
  2. 2. What state is your CHS watch in?

• Ok.
    • Running, but with minor problems.
    • Dead.
    • Being returned for repair or exchange.
    • Null (if you have an IHS, but are forced to click 1 of these, click here)
  3. 3. What state is your IHS watch in?

• Ok.
    • Running, but with minor problems.
    • Dead.
    • Being returned for repair or exchange.
    • Null (if you have an CHS, but are forced to click 1 of these, click here)

Just out of curiosity, why are you winding the watch prior to putting into & taking it out of the winder?

Hey Freddy, I figured it won't hurt to give it a little extra wind! It has been keeping excellent time. You know the potential problems with this model and how problematic it can be. Perhaps it could be considered over kill, but its working!

Cheers!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Freddy, I figured it won't hurt to give it a little extra wind! It has been keeping excellent time. You know the potential problems with this model and how problematic it can be. Perhaps it could be considered over kill, but its working!

Actually, you may very well be hurting your watch by giving it those extra (unneeded) manual winds. You might read Ziggy's comments on the damage that can be caused by manually winding an auto-wind movement, which is especially relevant with watches containing a movement as finicky as that 1 is. And, that aside, I think you may be missing the whole point of having a winder in the 1st place.

If all GMTIIC owners will post your experience & comments, we might be able to get a better idea of the true failure rate of these new 'Super' reps.

It might also be helpful if you can add a comment indicating (as close as possible) the date you received your GMTIIC.

My chs GMTIIC arrived on June 6.

UPDATE - I just updated the poll to separate the chs from ihs movements, so we can track differences based on hand stack layout (chs = Correct Hand Stack, ihs = Incorrect Hand Stack). Sorry for the initial confusion.

I bought mine 6 weeks ago and it's running perfectly i love it even the GMT hand works fine i am in N.Ireland and set it to San Diego time -8 hours cause i have friends living there.

My CHS has been returned twice. The second time back and the GMT hand gains 2 hours over the course of 8-10 hour time span. Twicw in the last 3 days the hands all stopped except for the seconds hand which kept on spinning. I asked the dealer for a refund and after some back and forth I am getting a asian IHS for free. I HOPE this watch will be OK. I will use the CHS for parts.

My CHS has been returned twice. The second time back and the GMT hand gains 2 hours over the course of 8-10 hour time span. Twicw in the last 3 days the hands all stopped except for the seconds hand which kept on spinning. I asked the dealer for a refund and after some back and forth I am getting a asian IHS for free. I HOPE this watch will be OK. I will use the CHS for parts.

What do you mean you got an asian IHS for free? Are you getting refunded for the CHS or just keeping the defective watch? In my opinion buying a chs and getting a non-working chs and working ihs for the price is not a deal.

Actually, you may very well be hurting your watch by giving it those extra (unneeded) manual winds. You might read The Zigmeister's comments on the damage that can be caused by manually winding an auto-wind movement, which is especially relevant with watches containing a movement as finicky as that 1 is. And, that aside, I think you may be missing the whole point of having a winder in the 1st place.

Freddy, Thanks for the heads-up! I know for a gen this is not the case confirmed by an authorized Rolex watch smith, but were talking replica. I'll let the watch box do the winding! Thanks again for bring this issue to my attention.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would dredge this thread up for a report.

It's 6:10 pm here in California and my GMT hand says it's almost 10:00 pm. The GMT hand is running crazy fast. The watch occasionally stops in the middle of the night, or the day. Well, at least the hour, minute, and GMT hand stop. The second hand keeps running around the dial like crazy.

Sure is a nice watch, though. I charge up the lume and can easily read the time at 5:00 am. I hope the DEEPSEA is as nice.

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried pulling the stem out (all the way) to the time-setting position & running the hands around through a full 24-hour cycle? Some have reported that that resets an errant movement. Certainly worth a try considering.

My chs still looking fine & keeping COSC time. :)

Haven't done it this time, but I've done it many, many times. The danger that comes with pulling the crown out and messing with the hour hand--necessary to re sync it with the GMT hand--is that the watch will frequently stop running, as it did a second ago after I wound it through 72 hours. It then takes some vigorous shaking to restart.

B) Going to buy a rep GMT II Green Hand. I am a newbie so I am not up to speed and havn't read all the posts. I had a gen but had to sell. Probably my favorite watch of all times. Looking for reccomendations on where to buy, which movement, hand stack, overall detail. Price is not an issue, I just want the best possible rep. Thanks :g: