When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EVO bezel removal?

If it's like the steelfish, you stand a very good chance to [censored] the bezel and the case up IF you get it off. My attempt at removal on the fish has removed all curiosity I once had for attempting to do this on my BCE.

I understand some have done this, so I am curious to see the replies myself.

thanks for confirming the steelfish is a buger too!

with SA's its pressed on... the screws for the SA rep are FAKE. :-) tape the case, and pry it up with a putty/caseback knife, take some pressure but it will eventually pop up.

with this EVO though... I put a whole lot of pressure and nothing.

The fish screws are for decoration, and just from removing the screws on the BCE it's my guess they are all show too as they are pretty short. Maybe there is a tool, but tape and a knife will not get the results we are after. I think you stand a better chance to bend your bezel than get it off, now if you are replacing it with a gen bezel that may not bother you as the rep bezel would be replaced. (and I would buy the rider tabs off it) :)

If you are going to replace it, I would pry up one corner and wedge something in there then go 1/4 turn from it and pry up some more and again wedge something in there, and repeat until you are all the way around.

I just wanted to try to align the fish bezel and not replace it, so I said fug it and will live with it the way it is. That sucker is on there man.