When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which screwdriver for rotor screw?

itseme

Hello

Does someone know what kind of screwdriver (size) i need for the rotor screw (rolex). All my screwdrivers are too fat..

someone has a link for a nice set of screwdrivers, also very small ones for movement work?

greets

Hello

Does someone know what kind of screwdriver (size) i need for the rotor screw (rolex). All my screwdrivers are too fat..

someone has a link for a nice set of screwdrivers, also very small ones for movement work?

greets

I took the thinnest screwdriver and grind it down so it fits, and yepp it has been screwing a couple of rotors for a while.

Thats my trick ;)

/N

I usually use a 140 or 160 (gray or purple band) driver, but it all depends on which movement resides inside your Rolex rep. The drivers I mentioned should fit most of the ETAs, while Asians will probably require something with a narrower tip.

Rule of thumb - Always use the largest screwdriver that will fit into the slot. This reduces the chances of the screwdriver sliding out of the slot & damaging the screw head or adjoining parts.

I usually use a 140 or 160 (gray or purple band) driver, but it all depends on which movement resides inside your Rolex rep. The drivers I mentioned should fit most of the ETAs, while Asians will probably require something with a narrower tip.

Rule of thumb - Always use the largest screwdriver that will fit into the slot. This reduces the chances of the screwdriver sliding out of the slot & damaging the screw head or adjoining parts.

with "140 or 160" do you mean 1,4mm and 1,6mm???