When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting 5

RobbieG

Although my collection size ebbs and flows, it is at present approaching twenty pieces. However, it is getting so I have discovered that I love sports watches within a certain sort of broad style category and as such I always tend to reach for one of these watches. From casual to dress and in a variety of colors to suit any attire, one of these seems to fit nearly every occasion. So without further delay may I present the starting five. In keeping with tradition for group posts, tell us which are the gens and which are the reps...

Startingfive.jpg

Edited by RobbieG

Watch me get this wrong. To me it looks like the IWC and the GMT are gens. If the GMT is not then I must say that is one of the smoothest bracelets I have seen.

Well all are gens actually. I have a rep GMT just like that one. It is a gen but the bezel insert was replaced on the watch so I figured that may throw some folks off. I'm not aware of any reps of the UN MMD or the Aquatimer in Ti so those are pretty easy and the angle the PO is sitting at can make that one tough to tell also. The gen Steelfish does have a rep strap on it at the moment so I didn't know if that would throw anyone off. Funny thing is I had a Ti GST rep which sparked the Aquatimer purchase, I came across the GMT by accident and traded some stuff for it for so cheap I couldn't refuse, a rep PO that made me fall in love with that, a rep Steelfish for one day and then I bought the gen, and the UN, well I just always loved that so I got it and a Big Date GMT UN at the same time actually. But the moral of the story is that even though they are all gens I wouldn't have most of them if not for the reps making me fall in love with the designs first. Viva la China...

Edited by RobbieG