When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB dial (re)movable?

donpedro

Hey all!

Thought I'd ask if anyone of you know if the HBB dial is (re)movable? On one of my HBB's, the whole dial seems a tiiiiiny bit off-centered compared to the bezel screws (I'm extremely picky :)). Is this possible to fix in some way?

Cheers!

Pedro

this may be solved by loosing the two screws that hold the movement in place an slightly move the movement until it get centered.

jun has an easy solution..

the dial is attached to the movement. The movement is held into place by little metal tabs, usually 2 maybe 3 ..

loosening these (not a lot) and slightly twisting the movement in the direction you need for the correction should do it.

If you loosen them up to far and it shifts the tabs to a point where they are not holding the movement inside the case, you will have to get them reinserted into the grooves of the case otherwise your movement/dial will flop from side to side and be more uneven than it is now.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being difficult) this job is a 2-3..

Be sure to look at the 3, 6 & 9 and see if they line up. It may be that the spot you are looking at on the dial was simply printed in an incorrect spot, meaning that you may take the time to adjust one area only to find that another area is off as a result.

there are different size screws(legnth) on the bezel.. so you may want to mark a schematic (notes) as to which screw belongs where.. and you will need the H-screw driver or you may damage the aesthetics of the heads ..

Wow, thank you all very much for your advice! Really appreciated!

Daytona, I've also thought of just one point of the dial being mis-printed, but it seems the whole dial actually is a bit off-centered.

I'll keep you updated on my progess :)

Cheers!

pedro

Woohoo! It worked - the movement was pretty "stuck", but I managed to move it a tiiiny bit. It never really seemed "moveable" though (it was fixed in its position even after having loosened the two plates), so pushed it and at the same time fastened the plates. I just found two plates/screws, perhaps I missed something?

Anyway, attaching a pic, if anyone else wants to see where the plates are located:

k33ioz.jpg

A really nice bonus that came with this fix was that I also aligned the T on HUBLOT and the last E on GENEVE (had to give it a go since the case was open!). I just pushed the letters carefully with a screwdriver, added some preassure on them, and voila, now they're fine B)

Thanks once again for all your help!

Cheers!

Pedro

Edited by donpedro