When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Crown tube

I have one of Davidsens new spring loaded crowns coming and I need to swap out the crown tube as his has a specific one that is needed.

How hard is it to do this....I know horotec make a nice machine to do this but for one tube this seems like a waste of money.

Does anyone have a good method of doing this and can maybe post a little tutorial or a couple of photos.

I would be most appreciative.

I did this same thing to my 111F.

Since I was throwing the old tube away, I just stuck a file into the tube, it will grab the tube, and turned it while pulling out. Some heat might make it come out easier as I believe it is glued in place. I did this over a year ago and i am pretty sure I had to drill the case to accept DSN's tube as my Josh case was a smaller diameter. If I could remember the drill size I would share, but i cant for the life of me remember what size it was. I used some 30 min epoxy on the DSN tube to make it water tight and keep it in place. Good luck with your project, I feel it was worth doing.

One suggestion for you tho, why not wait until T's crowns are complete. I am sure they will be very nice and are supposed to fit the standard rep tube without modification.

Damn, I didn't think it would involve drilling the case......

Thanks for the info.

A pair Pliers and brute force to remove and destroy the existing tube and you may depending on the width of the previous tube need to drill . My little 003 project's case is at the metalworkers being drilled this week. its an expensive and tiersome pursuit the Rep game sometimes

ST4