When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 6154

mastergod

It looks like the crown is screwed in on the DSN picture. And it looks like it is flush against the case (or at least the case tube). It may well be that the crown on his is simply shaped a little differently. If it is the case tube you can always file down the case tube a smidgen and shorten the stem a little to match. You should also bear in mind that on the original true PAM vintages there were dramatic differences from watch to watch includng crystals, hands, crowns, etc.

all vintage and radiomir reps have the same cosmetic problem.

the tube sits not deep enough in the case.

my watchmaker did rework the distance ring ( the pressed ring on the screw tube between the crown and case ) a bit smaller and shortened the tube,

that brought the crown nearer to the case, and he reworked the crown shape to a vintage style shape.

this model on the davidsen image has a tube with a conic shape part. the half length of the tube is conic, and then comes the thread for the crown.

you have to rework this tube shape with an engine-lathe,

so that the tube can sit deeper in the case.

rolli

the dsn crowns is a little bid the submariner design but bigger and for vintages not perfect...

here my crown on my little egiziano...

same from gen 6154

GrennderungWiederbelichtungvonPI-18.jpg

GrennderungWiederbelichtungvonPI-39.jpg

all vintage and radiomir reps have the same cosmetic problem.

the tube sits not deep enough in the case.

my watchmaker did rework the distance ring ( the pressed ring on the screw tube between the crown and case ) a bit smaller and shortened the tube,

that brought the crown nearer to the case, and he reworked the crown shape to a vintage style shape.

this model on the davidsen image has a tube with a conic shape part. the half length of the tube is conic, and then comes the thread for the crown.

you have to rework this tube shape with an engine-lathe,

so that the tube can sit deeper in the case.

rolli