When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something Bugs Me About The New Bentley Gmt

rek001

Hi, guys!

I went to an AD the other day and tried on a Bentley GMT, and much to my surprise and delight it fit my puny 6.5" wrist pretty well.

So I hurried home and began to study the dealers pix of same watch, I love the maroon dial, it's stunning.

But in comparing the rep to the genuine I noticed that the white inner bezel is too wide, rendering the maroon dial a bit small.

I dunno, am I being too fussy?

• Like 1

Um, sorry I misled you Clive. I know about your fondness for GMTs.

Of course I meant GT, silly me.

Anyway, so what about that wide inner bezel?

Does it look that bad?

Um, sorry I misled you Clive. I know about your fondness for GMTs.

Of course I meant GT, silly me.

Anyway, so what about that wide inner bezel?

Does it look that bad?

it bothers me and i am going to give them some time to see if they address that problem. on the other hand i read a post where somebody took theirs to a d to have the band resized and they didn't spot it and they were looking at it closely wanting to know how he got it because they had people on a waiting list to get one, maybe it looks so good in person you just don't notice it. i want one very bad but i'm going to give it some time. just my 02.

Hi, guys!

I went to an AD the other day and tried on a Bentley GMT, and much to my surprise and delight it fit my puny 6.5" wrist pretty well.

So I hurried home and began to study the dealers pix of same watch, I love the maroon dial, it's stunning.

But in comparing the rep to the genuine I noticed that the white inner bezel is too wide, rendering the maroon dial a bit small.

I dunno, am I being too fussy?

I think you are focusing on a flaw in a 98% flawless rep. Remember the rule here, all reps have flaws. Find one with flaws you can live with. If you are the kind of person who, once they identify the crooked line, that's all you see, you will drive yourself nuts. BTW, I think the extra width of the inner bezel results in a smaller stainless outer bezel in this particular rep, not in a smaller dial. I got the white dial version so the difference is minimized

I like the idea of the 44mm diameter but don't like the dial. Maybe because of what you mentioned earlier, though I haven't compared the rep to the gen side by side yet. Just something about the dial that doesn't do it for me. I hate to say this but I love my 49mm B for B because it has a very busy white dial. Its very busy but very classy in an odd sort of way!

All that matters is what floats your boat!

Jon :victory:

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I am still not completely sold on it, that wide inner bezel does bug me, it is much wider than the gen.

I doubt if they will correct it.

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I am still not completely sold on it, that wide inner bezel does bug me, it is much wider than the gen.

I doubt if they will correct it.

I'm afraid once they do, the print font will bug you and once they correct that, the uncrossed "t" on the back will drive you crazy and after they correct that, the fact that the movement inside isn't original as evidenced by the second hand movement will get to you, and after they correct that, the movement of the chrono second hand only ticking 5 times per second will bug you ........and so on and so on........

Much wider than the original???? I think you are being pretty tough on a watch that has won many kudos here for accuracy to the original.

Well no, I don't think I'm being too tough at all. This design flaw is on the face of the dial, and I would see it every time I glance at my watch, if it was a detail on the back of the case I really wouldn't give a s**t.

It bothers me enough, and it bothers hk45ca also. I'm going to think about this one a bit.

I'm afraid once they do, the print font will bug you and once they correct that, the uncrossed "t" on the back will drive you crazy and after they correct that, the fact that the movement inside isn't original as evidenced by the second hand movement will get to you, and after they correct that, the movement of the chrono second hand only ticking 5 times per second will bug you ........and so on and so on........

Much wider than the original???? I think you are being pretty tough on a watch that has won many kudos here for accuracy to the original.

i like the watch but the width of that ring is actually the rehaut on the watch and we complain about it on a sub all day long and we are not going to stop. there's nothing different here. for me personally if i buy one as much as i think the maroon kicks a** i will buy a white one to hide this flaw. i certainly won't buy a dark colored dial.

I don't care for the white dial, a bit too vanilla for me.

This is a situation where a majority of people are quite happy with the rep as is, obviously.

If this was an SD or even better, a Pam, we would have v2 with a better rehaut out next week. Oh well.

I don't care for the white dial, a bit too vanilla for me.

This is a situation where a majority of people are quite happy with the rep as is, obviously.

If this was an SD or even better, a Pam, we would have v2 with a better rehaut out next week. Oh well.

whats bad for me is the dark colored dial is very easy for me to read by a glance. i like the white very much but it is hard for mo to read. i have trouble with my ss ym. tough decision. getting old just can't suck enough. lol!