When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Option II... Rolex Mag for GMTIIc

lanikai

The cyclops is 7mm? So it is larger than the existing cyclops on either the gen or rep?

If I read that wrong & the cyclops is the same size as the current 1 on our GMTIIC reps..........

For $21 & a SASE, count me in.

PM reply sent.

Lani - Any chance of getting a picture of your GMTIIC with 1 of the new crystals next to it so we can compare the size of the cyclopses?

The cyclops is 7mm? So it is larger than the existing cyclops on either the gen or rep?

If I read that wrong & the cyclops is the same size as the current 1 on our GMTIIC reps..........

For $21 & a SASE, count me in.

PM reply sent.

Pm replied to

the Mag on the Rep is 7mm this is for a datejust and is 7mm same diameter as the GMTIIc

correction freddy sorry the fumes are friggin getting me.. a little under 7mm about 6.95 and a little under 6 width.. 5.9 something..

should be spot on to the genuine..

this is the wholesale outlet on ebay .. pretty good after market ..

sheesh this 100 % pure acetone packs a wallop :huh:

AAHHHH .. the acetone will not work..100% pure ... i'm getting to like the feeling of inhaling the fumes too much .. even with it in a covered container.. it's getting into the AC unit.. this will have me buying too many bottles and will bring attention to my hobby ...or they'll think I got a drug lab,.... :inverted:

OK... the mag is saphire and I did remove it..... I will have to find a place to do the acetone it is not good to do indoors.. and just with one crystal and a couple of ounces of Acetone 100% pure the fumes are too toxic.... I used heat but part of the datejust crystal where it is in the case set is plastic.. so heat is an option but the plastic has to be cut off first.. the problem with the acetone is finding a container .. may have to see a chem lab.. the acetone once released to oxygen reacts and expands .. sort of like giving off gases and a regular container makes me nervous..

The price differential between a solo or group buy is not a deal breaker. I think that anyone able to afford the $50 total outlay for a group bought cyclops ought to be able to afford the additional $10 or $15 if the part must be purchased on ones own. The more relevant issue, I think, will be the logistics of getting everyone's separately purchased & shipped cyclops out to Chief & then making sure they are all there to be included in his next AR run. (I can already see the dozen or so posts like 'Why did my cyclops not get AR'd?' or 'I sent it 2 weeks ago, but I was told it did not arrive.') So, for that reason, a group buy, followed by a single shipment to Chief, will probably eliminate alot of problems. ;)

I agree completely. Better to get them all to Chief at once. I don't even have a GMT-IIC yet but I know I will. Thanks for getting this together Lani!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...