When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By FAR the biggest flaw in Rolecs reps!

dabom

I've got a massive watch "scar", so I think it would be pretty obvious that I am a hardcore watch wearer and pretty suspicious that I don't happen to be wearing one.

Suspicious? What are they going to "suspect" - that you wear a watch normally? I tend to agree with those that hold that this practice may draw unwanted attention to the quality of high-end reps. The gen manufacturers are not stupid and know that these watches exist but rubbing their faces in it is never wise.

But the more I look at that ridiculously large crown etching, the sicker I get. I can see it from a foot away. I don't like to feel paranoid when I walk into a watch store...

Unless you have been genetically enhanced or have a bionic eye or something, you cannot see that etching from a foot away. And even if you have been abducted and modded by aliens, TRUST ME, the sales people will notice other tells before they see the crown etching. But regardless, following the forum recommendations and removing the watch before entering the AD solves the problem quite nicely.

Unless you have been genetically enhanced or have a bionic eye or something, you cannot see that etching from a foot away.

it always irks me when people say I can't do what I just said I can do. My short range vision is good enough to see the crown from one foot away. It's about a third of the length of the 6 o'clock marker - I don't know how anyone can miss it.

The point is, it's an added "feature" - which I'm sure costs the factories something to put it on. Save some money and leave it off thank-you very much!

As for this whole AD business, it's really none of your business. I've only elaborated because I was asked to. I don't particularly like sitting here having to justify the nuances of my thought processes, because even if I do, some narrow minded person is going to think my "opinion" is "wrong".

Edited by dabom