When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 177H

docdoc

Yes the asian is a very good movement 9 times out of 10 and if you get any movement with panerai style bridges it will have a high asian content, go for the asain mate and save some pennys

thanks for the advice :) exactly what I wanted to hear !

thanks for the advice :) exactly what I wanted to hear !

The AR on the blue mineral glass is WAY too blue. better ask the seller a extra single sapphire glass for around 40usd. As i did. And let K2222 treat it with AR. Looks 10 times better for sure! And get better strap after you bought it, because the standard strap & buckle just s*cks...

Asian and "ETA" 6497 are completely interchangeable as a whole -- i.e. for their pin positions matter.

Latest Asian 6497 are gorgeous movements.

Asian and "ETA" 6497 are completely interchangeable as a whole -- i.e. for their pin positions matter.

Latest Asian 6497 are gorgeous movements.

Completely true, about those gorgeous movement. I had my Asian PAM177H have a complete modification, done by VACCUM. The old movement made lots of noice, which was to me a huge spoiler. everywhere where you sit, worked, etc, you could here the loud ticking of the movement. Als the movement had on the back ugly blue stickers with 'Panerai ..'

The new asian movement with swan neck made a lot less noice. NICE!! and the engraved inscriptions on the back are superb!. no stickers. really great..

Go for it!

Cheers,

J.

Both Asian versions have mineral glass (i.e. 'synthetic sapphire' ). I think I've read somewhere that (aftermarket) AR on mineral glass doesn't work as good as on sapphire.

The 'Swiss' version seems to have genuine sapphire glass. Although the movement is not as Swiss as you want it to be, I wouldn't be bothered with it since these days the Asians are just as good.

The AR on the blue mineral glass is WAY too blue. better ask the seller a extra single sapphire glass for around 40usd. As i did. And let K2222 treat it with AR. Looks 10 times better for sure! And get better strap after you bought it, because the standard strap & buckle just s*cks...

Which seller have a spare sapphire crystal for around $40?

I just bought a 177H from Josh, with coated mineral, and he couldn't supply a real sapphire. DSN should have some for $85 though.

Which seller have a spare sapphire crystal for around $40?

I just bought a 177H from Josh, with coated mineral, and he couldn't supply a real sapphire. DSN should have some for $85 though.

Trusty. the sapphire was without AR. But Jakub has the best AR, so that was fine anyways..

I just received an email from Andrew, he can't supply these anymore :sad2:

Andrew is a smart guy. I bet he can supply it when you order 1 or 2 watches. Don't forget he needs the sapphire for the Swiss ETA watches. He bought lots of Ti cases. Or offer him a good price (+80usd) for it. Try it. Good luck.